Search results

1. maxxevv

My Gigaworks T3 died, I would like to upgrade for better.

Depends a lot on how much you want to spend. But if on a budget the Edifier MR4 paired with a 10 inch sub will be pretty hard to beat for a desktop 2.1.
  2. maxxevv

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Hi Jimbo, managed to find a copy of the UGreen adaptor. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001734621395.html It works !! (On my LG V40 ThinQ but not on my other, even older phone). I can plug my phone to the Khadas Tone Board, which in turn is plugged to a JDS Atom and a HE4XX. Works...
  3. maxxevv

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report

Jacqueline du Pre's Elgar with John Barbirolli would be her iconic recording. The other 2 being her Dvorak and Schumann recordings. The Hadyn, not that much.
  4. maxxevv

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the fast and great pointers!
  5. maxxevv

Sieved through this thread via the search function, but there doesn't seem to any direct answer yet. Has any had success with such a cable or hub on Android phones ? Tried a few of those on available online, but none seem to work. Its either connecting to the DAC dongle or charging the...
  6. maxxevv

Started my IEM journey

Typical silicon eartips irritate my ears after an hour or so. So haven't been comfortable with them for long use sessions. Recently found TPU based ones seem to not have same irritation effect on me. So if you guys have problems with silicon tips, TPU ones may be worth a try.
  7. maxxevv

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

I bought one of these from another seller during the 11.11 sales last year. A little more expensive now, but probably will find similar prices when there's a sale going on. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864150091.htm
  8. maxxevv

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

These can be found for as low as US$65/- on Taobao, China's Amzon. In both Black and White options. Got a set myself for my work desk. As nearfield, low volume (loudness) speakers, they are superb as the measurements here suggest. They are less than 2 feet away from my ears and the...
  9. maxxevv

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

You just need a pair of powered speakers. Quite a few affordable ones actually are excellent !
  10. maxxevv

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

You are perpetuating a myth, not an objective fact. Analogous to "vinyl sounds more organic".
  11. maxxevv

Mixing and matching 3" or 4" desktop speakers with small subwoofers.

Noticed that the output levels were 85- 90dB at 1 meter. I think for nearfield, desk bound listening, that's pretty high a volume. Usually, such small speakers would less than that distance away from the ears and even then, the volume is lower than that. Probably in the 75-80db range. But like...
  12. maxxevv

The MR4's look a good fit considering that its more a powered monitor rather than a bluetooth speaker. Since there is already a EX-5 available for source + Bluetooth duties. And that it already has a sub-out connection saves a lot of hassle too! The measurements look amazing (for its size...
  13. maxxevv

Thanks. Have considered the iLoud Micro with a 6.5" or 8" sub just to flesh out that 40~55hz range that's critical in a lot of quieter music tracks. Need to find a place to audition the iLoud's. As for the Kali IN-UNF, that desktop bass unit is taking too much prime estate for my friend's...
  14. maxxevv

Interesting ! Didn't know they existed. Definitely worth exploring in terms of suitability, though price point is a little over the boundary limits. Thanks !
  15. maxxevv

A friend was looking at adding a desktop system for his office desk but came up onto some road blocks. Mostly from the reason of limited space on the desk. The most obvious choice being 2.1 setups from PC gaming speaker sets or TV soundbar sets. However, from what I have seen, they are really...
  16. maxxevv

What are you folks listening to right now?

Four Seasons by Chloe Chua and the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. https://www.pentatonemusic.com/product/vivaldi-four-seasons-locatelli-harmonic-labyrinth/
  17. maxxevv

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

That should be referring to Shopee.com.tw . A popular online shopping platform in Southeast Asia as well as Taiwan. " 理性派 " can be intepreted as " objective / rational party/sect " if taken literally.
  18. maxxevv

How to do level match with headphone as load

That's matching the input signal levels. Not the SPL which is Sound pressure levels. A given signal level with a specific energy output will give different SPLs to different speakers and headphones as their sensitivity and resistances are not the same. A microphone capable of measuring the...
  19. maxxevv

Any recommendations for a DAP?

My suggestion ? Get a Topping G5 and connect it to your iPhone. Plenty of power and perfect objective performance. Amir has a review of it here, worth a read.
Top Bottom