Search results

1. D

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

What does "restored" entail? Recap + ? thx
  2. D

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Elis Regina, Águas de Março
  3. D

Subwoofer Comparison

I found the SVS's on sale again before I completed the purchase of the SW-12's.
  4. D

"The 10 best audiophile bars around the world"

A few from Japan Osaka Kanazawa (my favorite) Ginza Tokyo
  5. D

Subwoofer Comparison

Thanks, SC. I was comparing SVS outlet prices at 0900 ET this morning. I got them in my cart and they were gone by the time I wrote my post and got back over there. I picked up the Starke. I had their black friday sale in my cart all weekend. 2 subs for $838 delivered. Could do worse. And...
  6. D

Subwoofer Comparison

Looking at 2 sealed subs for a small/medium room. Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals: Starke SW12 for $421 each or SVS SB-1000 for $399? Now sold out. TIA!
  7. D

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

Nice, I own one of these. I did a recap of it a couple of years ago. Works perfectly. Glad to see it measures as well as I would have hoped.
  8. D

Allo Boss2/Moodeaudio set up questions.

Configure/Audio and make sure your alloc dac is selected as output. It will require a restart.
  9. D

"The 10 best audiophile bars around the world"

No Japanese jazz bars? puft
  10. D

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Thx. I assumed we were dealing with a limited quantity of drivers.
  11. D

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Can you educate a newbie? What is tweeter matching? thx
  12. D

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

The Swan videos show the cuts and measurements for the included foam.
  13. D

Raspberry pi streamer

I'm just happy they added the capability to backup and restore settings. lol
  14. D

Could something like the automotive emission fraud happen in a similar way with audio measurements?

I've asked a similar question. I wonder more about speakers. Can you make a speaker that's great at frequency sweeps, but sucks at the complexities of music?
  15. D

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

What capacitors are folks using for 5.6 uF? Not much selection on digikey that would fit on the board. Thanks for the work on the upgraded cross over. I got the kit the other day and need to source a few parts.
  16. D

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Too many cooks in the kitchen.
  17. D

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

I went back and looked, if you check Amir's reviews of Toppings products many of them have been sent directly from the manufacturer. I'm not saying it's a bad product or won't measure well. But if its Audio SCIENCE Review, I would think those particular pieces of equipment should be expected...
  18. D

Apple lossless official announcement

Bought this adapter for $15. connects to USB dac and charges the ipad at the same time. Both work. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZLZLCTF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  19. D

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Personally, anytime the manufacturer is supplying the product I have to take these results with a grain of salt. There's a reason places like consumer reports buys all the gear they review. caveat emptor
Top Bottom