Search results

1. D

Class D principle, audible "higher frequency noise"

I don' think that class D amps are generally exceptionally noisy (like explained by some other members here). The only "special" noise I know caused by the class D principle is the "switching noise", but this noise has the same frequency as the switcher or its harmonics (e.g. for the Nuprime...
  2. D

Yes, you are right. And the word "switching" within the phrase "... the so called switching noise...", is an important detail within this context. And as far as I know (at least up to now, I am learning right now every day a bit more about audio-technique ;-) ), the word "switching noise" is...
  3. D

I have received/read in another forum following statement: "If you listen close to the tweeter (within a feet), all variants of Class-D amps have the so called switching noise. That is normal and does not affect the listening experience. The noise level is dependent on the speaker's efficiency...
  4. D

Initially, I wanted to understand the main reason (root cause) of the noise. If it is acceptable or not, is a different and subjective question. I personally agree with you: I prefer quite equipment (my Lyngdorf e.g. is absolutely silent, means I cannot hear any noise from speaker or device), so...
  5. D

I was curious and downloaded a "Sound Analyzing" App: "My higher frequency noise" is (according to the App) mainly within a range from about 6 - 12 kHz, the maximum is in the range about 8-10kHz with a range of 35 - 40 dB(A), measured at a distance of about 1-2 cm from the tweeter. Quite sure...
  6. D

Yes... from all that I have heard and read so far in the last days, in fact it seems to be "normal", at least within this application/equipment.
  7. D

I forgot to answer the second part of your question: It is mor a "hiss"... somehow like you would take "pink noise" and remove all ferquencies lower than x, means: sounds to me like a mixture of several higher frequencies. Regarding/Summarizing the other posts: - Up to now it seems that other...
  8. D

OK... I just thought that it is a class D issue, so maybe this is wrong... And yes... the switching frequency is much higher, and if I still can hear it, it mus be less than about 13kHz (the noise, I mean)...;)
  9. D

Hi and thanks for the answer. I already tried quite a lot, including: Connect only the ST-10 or or the STA-9 to speakers. No other connection (means: also no pre-amp), all other devices in the room completely disconnected from any power-socket. I also tried this test with different power and...
  10. D

Thanks for your answer! I am using B&W 804 D3 speakers.
  11. D

Hello, I am new here in this forum and joined now, because I have a dedicated question regarding class D amplifying technic: The situation: During the last weeks, I could test two different amplifiers from "Nuprime" (STA-9 and ST-10). Somehow I like them, but I had all in all three different...
Top Bottom