Search results

1. NDC

All in one unit better than Motu M4 or additional DAC+Amp?

Re: audio interface - at the price it’s very hard to beat the Motu M4. If you can get it (stock issues at the moment) I recommend it. I don’t think the headphone amp will present any audible issues - it’s quite a good implementation for an audio interface. Julian Krause did a good comparative...
  2. NDC

All in one unit better than Motu M4 or additional DAC+Amp?

Regarding the microphone, I highly recommend the Rode NT-1. Podcastage has a fantastic comparative review of it on YouTube. Very low self noise and very neutral frequency response.
  3. NDC

Best bass headphones

LCD2 Classic or the normal LCD2?
  4. NDC

Kii Three Measurements

There was some explanation of measurements in the Stereophile review: https://www.stereophile.com/content/kii-audio-three-loudspeaker-measurements
  5. NDC

DAC Upgrade to R2R advice

audio-gd is essentially a scam - I’d stay away from their products.
  6. NDC

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

Thanks for the reply! Fascinating!
  7. NDC

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

Out of interest - is there a need to protect the amp module in an active sub from vibrations etc caused by the operation of the sub at higher volume? How does that work - e.g. some sort of foam base under the module, analogous to what active studio monitors on stands use? I’ve always wondered if...
  8. NDC

First PS Audio, now SBAF? More Smack Talking...

I often find these inter-community diatribes devoid of good faith. It’s very hard to have a constructive conversation when one “team” is debating with a different set of assumptions, understanding, values etc. Scanning through the SBAF thread, while there were some reasonable points made...
  9. NDC

Zoom F6 Portable Field Recorder Review

Yeah, not sure on the low frequency noise! Thanks for measuring this one btw, it was on my shopping list of field recorders and isn’t necessarily as high up any more given the pretty poor performance. I’m going to look into the Sound Devices MixPre II a bit more.
  10. NDC

Wonder how the Sound Devices gear compares to this as that’s one of the main competitors for field recorders with 32bit float
  11. NDC

Could there be some configuration error or something wrong with this unit? From memory the configuration options are quite extensive - Gerald Undone did a good overview on using it in a videography context on YouTube and I remember there were some odd settings hidden in various menus.
  12. NDC

I need noice cancelling headphones for the office

The ER2s and other deep insertion IEMs can also cause wax buildup and compaction. I learnt this the hard way after having to see the audiologist today to get my ears cleaned out due to a pretty bad wax blockage in my left ear caused by deep insertion... they advised me to be careful with the...
  13. NDC

Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10

Looks like an absurd amount of power! Would be interested to see how it measured for sure
  14. NDC

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

no issues with my power cord on the A90 and D90
  15. NDC

Found an answer earlier in the thread. Assume I should be fine with a HE4xx in balanced + Sennheiser HD58x in the SE
  16. NDC

What are we listening to right now..

This section literally brought tears to my eyes when I heard it on the HE4xx w. Topping A90... such a good track.
  17. NDC

Hey all, can you plug two headphones into the A90 simultaneously - e.g. one in SE out, one in balanced out? Does this cause any issues?
  18. NDC

The Best DAC Award 2020 !

It's surprising how hard it is to get lighting nailed... just ask my colleagues on Zoom calls. "Are you in the basement Tommy?"
Top Bottom