Search results

1. Ponzio

What are we listening to right now..

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street Composers: Marvin Gaye / Ivy Jo Hunter / William "Mickey" Stevenson Still rock's my boat!
  2. Ponzio

Low Cut Connie - Look What They Did
  3. Ponzio

Gary Numan - Are 'Friends' Electric [PLAY LOUD!]
  4. Ponzio

KEF LS50 Bookshelf Speaker Review

He bought a Denon AVR-X4200. If you believe in AVR brand tonal quality, which I do, a Yamaha RX-A 20XX/30XX series, with 140WPC~150WPC, will also work just fine.
  5. Ponzio

Wannna thank u guys for recommending crossing the LS50's at 100hz. I fiddled around a bit and set the crossover at 95.2 on my Yammy RX-A2040 and there was a noticeable improvement. I previously had them set on the default 80hz, which wasn't bad by any means but its rounded out the overall...
  6. Ponzio

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Agreed. The room was not optimal by any stretch and the sales personnel weren't going to let me run the YPAO room EQ then and there. Luckily though it was around 1:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday or whatever, the place was deserted and once the manager realized I knew my way around a Yammy...
  7. Ponzio

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Interesting. Who knows what type of EQ'ing was done. It was after all a Magnolia (Best Buy) showroom. I also ran them in Pure Direct Mode too on a Yamaha RX-A3060(?) and they sounded even worse when I was A/B'ing them.
  8. Ponzio

Definitely something to consider no doubt.
  9. Ponzio

Don't know if this directed to me but I've never measured anything. Strictly going by my Dumbo's (ears). When I purchased the LS50's initially I had them paired with a Yamaha RX-A3030 before moving them to my bedroom and hooked them up to the Yamaha RX-A2040 and there was a difference, a...
  10. Ponzio

It was a Denon AVR, 75 WPC if I remember correctly. It's been a while now. Did a quick intergoogle check and I believe it was the AVR-1800. Once he jumped up to the AVR-X4200 model he was much happier.
  11. Ponzio

Long time owner here (since 2013) and surprisingly I'm still in love with these speakers after all these years. Mr. Dallas is right, they're not 'airy' speakers in the treble department, they're clinically detailed. Not everyone's cup of Java. But I have found that if more power is applied...
  12. Ponzio

KEF R3 Speaker Review

First thread response, be gentle. Amateur hour here. Don't own Mr. O'Toole audiophile tome but I've been told by various people I respect and whose encyclopedic knowledge of audiophile gear/speakers is jaw-dropping that I could pass muster in a pinch. And I own what I feel is some nice...
Top Bottom