Search results

1. possumtaters

Advice: Wharfadale Linton vs Revel 106 vs Revel F35

Purchase both the F36 and the Linton. Combined, it’s less than the cost of the F206 and you could rotate them as you wish, or find a home for the other. If you have the wealth, spend more for the F206, but you’ll likely find that F36 would be just as entertaining at < half the price.
  2. possumtaters

Revel F206 Technical Problem Verification

Don’t know if this is relevant but I had my Revel F36 speakers for months, purchase new from an AD, and thought they sounded “good” but didn’t think they imaged very well. One day, I pull the speakers away from their position, and throughly ensured I had both speaker wires connected to the...
  3. possumtaters

What type of speaker do you prefer? And why?

Floorstanders. After I purchased my Revel F36’s, I tried Revel M106, Kef LS50 Wireless, Wharfedale 225, all mated with an SVS SB-2000 subwoofer, and nothing sounded as well-rounded, and full bodied, as the F36. Everything else just sounded small.
  4. possumtaters

TV Series Suggestion Please

Some of my all time favorites: “30 Rock” “Everybody Loves Raymond” “South Park” On Netflix, “Derek”. This one will have you laughing, crying, and sometimes crying because you’re laughing so hard.
  5. possumtaters

Best mind bending movies you have watched so far?

“The Crying Game”
  6. possumtaters

Trying To Remember Speaker Brand I Came Across Online

Maybe Chane speakers? https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/chane-a1-5-review-bookshelf-speaker.26078/
  7. possumtaters

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Emile-Claire Barlow - C’est Si Bon
  8. possumtaters

Need Childproofing Tips

Use a wide console table, the height you would use for a television, with wood doors and install equipment behind doors, speakers on top of the console. Be sure to leave doors open when using equipment or install fans and proper ventilation. Speakers such as KEF LS50 Wireless II would allow...
  9. possumtaters

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Synchronized Sleeping
  10. possumtaters

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Hi Mandy, Could you please confirm you email address as it’s not working? Thank you.
  11. possumtaters

SMSL SU-9 remote problems

Is it line e of sight and not behind a door or glass? Is it placed close to a plasma TV? Is it possible you darkened the display?
  12. possumtaters

NC502MP Amp - Need Help

Thanks everyone for your responses. Switching to DAC mode, and using the Sonos app for volume control, was the answer. Everything sounds awesome now!!!
  13. possumtaters

NC502MP Amp - Need Help

I purchased an NC502MP amp a while ago, just hooked it up, and I’m having trouble liking the sound. My current setup is an Outlaw RR2160 amp, SMSL SU-9 DAC, and Revel F36 speakers. The sound in this configuration is wonderful. Instruments sound sharp and lifelike, with voices, imaging, and...
  14. possumtaters

Where can I find the book value of my used gear

Just use Hifishark to see for what prices items are selling, or at least listed. https://www.hifishark.com/ Filter by your county and then review the current listings. Click on the expired tab to review the sold/expired listings. Unless someone is selling something for a great price expect...
  15. possumtaters

Did Toppings/S.M.S.L. stopped production?

Just visit their Amazon store and everything is there. https://www.amazon.com/stores/WE+DON%27T+PLAY+MUSIC%2C+ONLY+RESTORE+SOUND/page/226C79CA-D090-4105-AF5F-EEC7EB978DC3?ref_=ast_bln There is a link to the store in every SMSL item for sale.
  16. possumtaters

Did Toppings/S.M.S.L. stopped production?

Both are still on Amazon but you need to search using S.M.S.L., not SMSL.
  17. possumtaters

Movies with great music in them?

Both “Beautiful Girls” and “Singles” have great music.
  18. possumtaters

Bluesound

...now with the ability to steam Pandora but you must subscribe to Pandora’s new ultimate premier utopia tier which is $50/mo.
Top Bottom