Search results

1. U

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I understand. The HT capability sounded like it was right up the ally of what you were talking about (crossover). I was considering it or a REL. I'm too skeptical now if neither would work with the Okto however.
  2. U

And we're back to square one..?
  3. U

Example? https://www.trianglehifi.com/en/produit/hifi-subwoofer-thetis-380/
  4. U

I looked into it and can see why. If it does what it says it sounds ideal. Please let us know the results, if you end up doing it. It sounds like it makes logical sense.
  5. U

I see. Which mechanical / relay switch would you recommend and would it be able to retain the higher sound quality? I could buy both soon (Denon AVR / DAC8 stereo), would that fit both my needs?
  6. U

That I understand, the Denon representative assured me it would work. I did and could hear the audible difference (with other witnesses); again he said something about the connection being asynchronous. I believe I saved the chat text from that day somewhere. Not sure how it all works; and not...
  7. U

Sorry, I didn't mean to stray away from the Okto. I'm still impressed and will be purchasing one soon. How about you?
  8. U

USB input from the Gungnir directly into the front USB audio port on the x4700h.
  9. U

I completely agree. When I had the x4700 with just my 2.0 setup it was impactful enough for me, with music, games, movies, etc. I seek simplicity as well, that's why this device's SINAD score inticed me so much.
  10. U

I'm not sure of the proper audio terminology but I was told that an external DAC could be used as the primary DAC for the DENON AVR when plugged into the receiver directly from the front USB port (or RCAs) since it is asynchronous. I asked them directly during their live 2020 Denon AVR line-up...
  11. U

I understand. My priority is my 2.1 setup at the moment. A center speaker will come later, after I'm decided on a quality combo. I've read many of the @amirm reviews; he's one of the major reasons I returned my x4700h. I'm really interested in the Okto for the higher dynamic range.
  12. U

I used to connect my Schiit Gungnir via USB to the USB port on the front of the x4700h (I asked Denon directly if it was possible and they confirmed). Am I missing something here then? Thanks.
  13. U

Thank you for the quick reply and information overall! This is my current setup: LG C9 --> 8K cable --> Xbox One X (for HT). My speakers are a pair of Triangle Comete EZs using BlueJean locking banana plug cables that USED TO connect to my Denon x4700H. My priority is the best musical output...
  14. U

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and have limited knowledge on audio products so I'd like to hear your opinions on something: Would getting a cheaper AVR (for example: Denon S960h) to pair with a Okto dac8 stereo be "better" (for both HT / 2.1 "bit-perfect" audio better than getting a higher-end...
  15. U

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Extremely happy to hear that Denon is recognizing and investigating these issues. I tried upgrading to the latest firmware a few days ago and it remained on the same updating screen for over an hour; I ended up having to hard reset the device and haven't tried again since. On another note, have...
  16. U

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Not sure what it's for but it's been "downloading" for about an hour now.. Edit: This is a NEW FW update, I updated to the one that came out a few week(s) ago already; not trying to confuse anyone.
  17. U

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

I second this. You really are a "product life-saver" in this case. Your dedication to displaying the hidden truths of these receivers is truly appreciated. We can all learn from your work; hopefully manufactures will be more aware of their measurements in more realistic settings before making...
  18. U

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

Hello all, I just joined and have a x4700H atm. @Sanctum OF Bass do you hear any differences in sound after this update? I'm at work atm and can't update mine until later tonight.
Top Bottom