Search results

1. F

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

I recently purchased Holtons DC Blocker. Plugged it in, and powered both Vidars' on and .............. Crickets. Hum gone! It was just the beginning. Once I started playing some music, I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. Its almost as everything snapped back into place. Clarity of...
  2. F

Thanks mate. So 110v models hum too. This disproves my theory (based on the testimonials) that the mechanical hum was mainly impacting 240 EU/AU models. I'll see if I could audition one of these DC offset blockers. Cheers
  3. F

Hi, Is your Vidar 220/240V or 110V version? Regards
  4. F

Pro-ject Phono Box DS2 USB Phono Stage Review

Wow! Those ADC SINAD numners. The complete opposite of what Pro-Ject web site claims: "A very low noise and jitter free A/D converter transfers the analogue signal into high resolution digital format (PCM up to 192kHz or DSD 128). Via its USB output you can record your vinyl on any computer. "
  5. F

Hello, It is not my power line. That was the first thing I looked at. I' ve had many amplifiers with currently 2 running. None of them hum(ed). Regards
  6. F

Just to clarify. The hum from the speakers was in balanced mono config. I think this may have something to do with Schiit implementation of bridged mono. There's no hum coming from the speakers in an unbalanced configuration. Regards
  7. F

Yeah. I can hear mine humming from 2.5-3 m away. EDIT: I only refer to mechanical hum coming out of the units (not the speaker).
  8. F

Hi. New to this forum, and this is my first post. I wanted to share my experience with Vidar(s). I've had 2 Vidars for some time now. Initially they were hooked to my B&W CM10's in the balanced dual mono bridged mode. This produced an audible 50-60 hz hum coming out of speakers, without...
Top Bottom