Search results

1. Weeb Labs

Using OrangePi Zero2 as an equalizer between USB source and USB DAC

This looks very interesting. What is the minimum achievable artifact-free latency from input to output with this configuration?
  2. Weeb Labs

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Genelec 8030C, two pairs of 8010A and an 8020C.
  3. Weeb Labs

New Wondom ADAU1701 DSP Unit

Somebody asked me about this issue via my Discord server, so I thought it would be best to offer an update here. The 4KHz spurious tone is fully suppressed by increasing the size of the DVDD decoupling capacitor.
  4. Weeb Labs

Do RCA cables matter ? if so, recommend one.

Uh-huh. These claims have been tested many times and the results are always the same.
  5. Weeb Labs

Swissonic A305

The HS80M and A305 both exhibit very different directivity indexes and and on-axis responses. Unless you are implementing your PEQ with the aid of a measurement microphone, it is very unlikely that you will be able to match them.
  6. Weeb Labs

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

This is correct. I do not believe there to exist a widespread problem with the 8030C, other than a mild directivity error. Following some experimentation with placement, I was able to mostly eliminate the crossover dip. The culprit does appear to be the chasm in the side wall reflections...
  7. Weeb Labs

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I picked up a single 8030C unit this evening for testing and encountered a few oddities. They appear to exhibit something of a crossover gap, which appears in Amir's data but perhaps not to the same degree. In-room on-axis measurements always exhibit a significant dip at the crossover...
  8. Weeb Labs

Are headsets bad? I don't see it.

The prevalence of terrible microphones in expensive headsets with onboard DSP and proprietary bidirectional wireless audio transmission has always mystified me. Manufacturers could very easily make use of high performance capsules such as the excellent EM272 or EM258 and achieve results...
  9. Weeb Labs

Difference in measurements between left and right speakers (newbie)

It is perfectly normal for each channel to produce a slightly different measurement depending upon placement. Your right channel does appear to exhibit a very narrow cancellation at 2.3KHz but this is most likely the result of differing reflections and absorption; especially if the speaker is...
  10. Weeb Labs

Two subwoofers with a single, fixed listening position

In my experience, smaller rooms (<3x4M) can introduce unexpected complexities for subwoofers; especially if using just one or two. The modes can become so physically close together that the interaural response differs significantly, which is perceived as a rather unpleasant pressure difference...
  11. Weeb Labs

What's your normal listening distance and db level at that distance at home?

My typical listening distance is 80-100cm at 70-80dBA.
  12. Weeb Labs

47Hz room mode woes...

I'm afraid that your vertical scale is far too large for me to make any meaningful observations. Could you please recapture the screenshot with a 50dB vertical scale and 20Hz to 20KHz horizontal scale?
  13. Weeb Labs

Anemic and bassless sound from Windows 11

Have you tested the same speakers or headphones on a different source since this problem began to occur?
  14. Weeb Labs

Adjustments do take effect in real time but must be saved in order to persist through power cycles.
  15. Weeb Labs

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Both the original Thomann corrections and my own are based upon measurements of a single randomly selected unit. Quasi-anechoic measurements of my own pair (both random samples) indicate reasonably narrow sample variation. Most of my filters are quite broad and do not target high Q variations...
  16. Weeb Labs

The 4KHz spur does not disappear until about 350Hz, so this isn't quite the behavior that would be observed. There is a great deal of functionality crammed into the BP1048B2, so I expect we are seeing filtering issue here. I will be travelling abroad tomorrow, so will do some poking around...
  17. Weeb Labs

The 4KHz spur decreases in amplitude as the fundamental frequency increases. I would fully recommend purchasing one of these. With the exception of this very minor issue, it represents incredible value for money.
  18. Weeb Labs

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I have no plans to purchase the A305 at the moment but the A306 should soon become available once more.
  19. Weeb Labs

Performance is about what one might expect. Schmoo is just under 80dB, with the usual spurious garbage. Things become quite interesting at 40Hz, with a relatively loud 4KHz spur appearing. This can actually be heard accompanying loud kick drums if listening very carefully.
Top Bottom