Search results

1. S

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Just got the E70 to pair with the A90 Discrete. All good so far. Does anyone know if I would get better performance out of the pair if I would set the output level of E70 to 5V? Or should i stick with the default 4V?
  2. S

Update: exchanged the A90 for the A90d. No hissing regardless of how I set the ground lift switch. ‍♂️ Can't notice any difference in sound quality.
  3. S

Does A90D still have the ground loop issue when using unbalanced inputs (RCA), or was it fixed? I just got home with an A90 and have to return it due to the noise. Using balanced inputs is not an option as my use case is macbook -> jack to RCA -> Amp -> Hifiman Arya
  4. S

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Do you reckon the L30 would be enough for driving the Hifiman Edition XS (18 ohm, 92db, planar) or should I bite the bullet and pay extra for the A90?
  5. S

FS: Benchmark AHB2 + MiniDSP SHD Dirac

Both devices are sold to users here on ASR. Much appreciated. Thread closed.
  6. S

Some overdue photos of the two products. The SHD casing has some marks (rubber?) from where the AHB2 sat on it. They should come off, but, if they turn out to be permanent, I am willing to adjust the price accordingly.
  7. S

Hi Ben, 870 eur, including tracked and insured shipping(DPD). Alex.
  8. S

Floorstanding speakers recommendation for mixed use. JBL vs Kef vs BW vs Revel

That's indeed an exotic proposal :) Never heard of nuVero before and, for reasons I can't actually justify, I am reluctant to try out the small, boutique, speaker manufacturers. But I will take a look. 24hz -3db does sound tempting i admit.
  9. S

Yeah, with emphasis on "not straightforward". I am sure that with the right gear it can be solved, but just the hassle of having to switch latency modes based on usage and limiting the range of AVR/AVP to choose from is not worth it for me. I also think I would have trouble matching them with a...
  10. S

Thanks, all! Some very interesting insight with preferences spread across the board. What seems certain is that I will cut the B&W 803 off the list. I am not concerned on the amplification side. I will drive the 5 channels through either a dedicated multichannel power amp or the AVR, depending...
  11. S

Hi, Looking for some advice in making a decision around what speakers to choose as FL and FR. The use will be roughly 50-50 between music in an odd shaped open space (500cm x 900cm x 410cm). I attached a diagram that should help. Some constrains I'm working with: - no subwoofers - speakers...
  12. S

Fair points. Located in Bucharest, Romania. Shipping to EU will be handled by DPD, tracked and insured. Included in the price. Photos...unfortunately i couldn't find the time to dismantle the setup yet. Will post more soon.
  13. S

Thanks for chiming in, John. From what I understand from the area rules, the Forum Donor status allows for listings regardless of the post count: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/requirements-to-be-eligible-to-post-items-for-sale.22965/#post-765731
  14. S

EU only Bought new 6-8 months ago, papers available. Full packages, including accesories and box. MiniDSP includes UMIK-1 and tripod. 2900 EUR total, including shipping to anywhere in the EU. Selling because I am moving to a a multichannel setup. Products are widely known, pasting here the...
  15. S

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

What gain setting should i set the ahb2 to when connected to the balanced outputs of a cambridge audio cxn v2? I can't find any info on the output levels for it.
Top Bottom