Search results

1. Krunok

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

Actually there isn't, it is mostly about engineering and not so much about the science. Klippel is very precise and consistent. If you use it the way you should there would be no wallowing. Nobody that I know of. But that is hardly an excuse for not doing it the right way. ;)
  2. Krunok

I don't know, but I like the logo. :D
  3. Krunok

Nope, that is not how he thinks. He thinks he knows everything that needs to be known and that we are pointing him in the wrong direction. Hence waving the hand..
  4. Krunok

All those criterias you've mentioned are indeed very scientific. ;) Yep, @Juhazi , dropping that "S" might actually be a good idea.
  5. Krunok

I have to agree with you on this one - to me it also seems that with electronics he was willing to go to microscopic details, very often totally insignificant and inaudible, while now with speakers he is just waving his hand and repeating "it doesn't matter" no matter how many competent folks...
  6. Krunok

Was this aimed at me? My opinion is if you don't put CSD resonances in the context of FR and/or THD graphs you are wasting your time. Unless of course you like to stare at nice 3d graphs. :D
  7. Krunok

I fully agree. Can a distortion graph serve as another context to relate resonances to?
  8. Krunok

I don't know, but probably the same thing - if you can't notice them in FR response why bother with them? :D Unless of course you are a speaker designer..
  9. Krunok

Pre-ringing with linear phase room EQ filters

I didn't change magnitude response filters so general sound impression remained the same. Pre-ringing related artifacts are gone and that is audible. GD graph lookse a little bit worse but I can't hear the difference.
  10. Krunok

Floyd Toole: "Putting an accelerometer on the wall of a cabinet is not a reliable indicator of the audibility of a resonance (sorry John Atkinson)." https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/2907816-speaker-shootout-two-most-accurate-well-reviewed-speakers-ever-made-5.html#post54570242
  11. Krunok

IR will show HF pre-ringing, step response will show pre-ringing with lower frequencies. I had to remove every single phase correction filter and leave only crossover phase linearization to get rid of pre-ringing. This is how it looks now:
  12. Krunok

The true secret is how to do phase correction to avoid pre-ringing. :)
  13. Krunok

There was no change in spectrum as both filters have the same magnitude settings.
  14. Krunok

I can hear the difference with my speakers but only without my roomEQ filters. I can't hear it with them which means they probably have too much pre-ringing so they're covering the difference, which means my excessphase treatment was obviously "excessive". :D Dr. Brüggemann, once again I thank...
  15. Krunok

It would be interesting though to see difference in spectrum, as I suspect it exists. There is always a price to be paid so I suspect pre-ringing reduction also comes with a price tag. ;)
  16. Krunok

Over the phones much more than over the speakers. But if you crank speakers a little and know what to listen to you can hear it over the speakers as well.
  17. Krunok

Ultima2 would probably sound better on a blind test (most likely not by much though), but I was talking about spinorama rating. :)
Top Bottom