Search results

1. P

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

OK, we have comes full circle, you are not interested in debating with good faith. We had the NS-10 CLA-10 discussion and you already know I am not advocating it, so does not the majority but some still do, whether it's justified in their case or not. You know full well when I said "cheap", I...
  2. P

I don't post against having a standard. What I post against is presenting as a fact, without any proof or research, that standardized monitoring response in professionnal environment will get us productions with better fidelity. I said it many times there are many standards in audio. You either...
  3. P

Well you are the one that went on a tangent to proceed to enumerate productions that according to you are bad mixes, and tried to force down your readership throat that it's about monitoring condition. If it's not the tonality of the end result that you aim to fix what is it?
  4. P

I don't know what to answer that. It's a website, and it's a business. They sell their service based on their reputation and achievements. That's what the labels care about. I know you don't like it, but you're not their target customer. I would think that if a paying customers want to see the...
  5. P

did you just found that out?
  6. P

Here you Go. After Hours was Mastered at The Mastering palace By Dave Kutch. And Kevin Peterson. Here is their Monitor list, You can criticize that, that's where the final release was approved.: Overall, the biggest workhorse are our speakers. From Stereo to 360VR, and ATMOS, The Mastering...
  7. P

Nothing wrong with being critical of the production quality of an album or song. I do that all the time with friends. And I'll give you point for that, yes, If you actually know the production process, we as audio professionals may have some recommendations. Once one of my artist friend (Indie...
  8. P

See? Not that hard? Let's just train these engineers to see sounds in colors and we're set, video already have all these great standards. Copy-Paste. Done.
  9. P

So you don't want to participate in the discussion, but the only contribution you wish to input in this discussion is to simply complain that you don't like it. Is it suppose to be constructive?
  10. P

Very strange where this is going. To me The weeknd After Hour is a greatly produced pop album, including Save Your Tears, Just pumping it out again and it works. On the opposite side of the spectrum, for what it’s worth, I was playing a couple Elvis Albums and you know, completely different...
  11. P

At the same time, it's not like JBL didn't have their moment. I'd be curious to see if measurements of the revered 435X where that perfectly neutral in the old age. Doubt it.
  12. P

OK Toole find that in his opinion there is still too much difference in sound quality between professionnal facilities, that the standards in place are not proper and that some of habits are hard to change. Among many other factors that constitute the circle of confusion but all his work cannot...
  13. P

For once I was going to agree with your argumentation. That’s until I read the last paragraph which is the same unfounded rehashed finger pointing that you repeat as a mantra. This part it’s not worth responding to.
  14. P

Interesting that all of those where from this era where music was mixed on very flawed speakers. And no, I am not drawing any conclusion from this. Interesting, that's all.
  15. P

Maybe, but you are asking for the industry to propose standards, they try to do that. May or may not be flawed, you seam to dismiss the whole thing. OK then. Still feels heavyly Biased you can't deny that. For me it's all the same industry, but if you are waiting for record producer guys to...
  16. P

That's alright, Toole back in 2015 was pointing out that EQing for a single seat just based on frequency response is not the proper way to do it but hey if you can convince a whole panel of Standard approval that this simple method should be the standard, by all means. "In professional audio...
  17. P

The speakers part is easy. That's the whole point of this discussion, the Room part is hard. These recommendation from Dr Toole go much much farther than what you are describing and he mentioned that in 2015 it was already generally common practice for stereo music...
  18. P

This thread is incredibly long, it may be somewhere but do you have the link to the paper in question?
Top Bottom