Search results

1. A.Cristea

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Anyone else having issues with some of the bluetooth function here? My macbook pro doesn't recognize the DACs bluetooth, currently I'm only able to use this function from my smartphone. And secondly, when I'm connected to my phone via bluetooth and as soon as I'm like 3 to 5 meters away from the...
  2. A.Cristea

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

About point 3 (focusrite 6i8 3rd gen), i think I wouldn't pick the DAC conversion from the focusrite. The soundcard would (apparently?) just work as a bridge.
  3. A.Cristea

It's probably going to be the Soncoz LA-QXD1 or the SMSL SU-8 (210€ on amazon), unless I find an offer on the D70/90. Also would there be soundwise any differences by following cable linkings? 1) USB Type B (DAC) -> USB-C (Macbook pro 2020) 2) USB Type B (DAC) -> Usb Hub Adapter of Macbook Pro...
  4. A.Cristea

Thanks for the tip, with 185GBP it lands in my bucket list #1 - I will also dig more into the SGD1 (around 400GBP -> 450€) which has a sick design (however with that Price tag i'd be probably more tempted to get then the D70). Also thanks to @DavidBloch406 and @mt196 for the contribution. I...
  5. A.Cristea

Are there any DAC match reccomendations for the Topping A90 (preferably not exceeding 500€)? I was thinking of: Topping D70 DAC: 500€ Soncoz LA-QXD1 DAC: 250€ The Topping D90 with 700€ would be probably a bit too pricey as i wouldn't use all of its features. I would basically want to link the...
  6. A.Cristea

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Have there actually been any measurements on the Coaxial and Optical Inputs of the D5, on their quality/jittering or so? Is there maybe a recommendation, since I was about to just buy a QED coaxial cable, or it doesn't really matter?
  7. A.Cristea

I will get the Audeze LCD-3 next week and i'll let you know how it works with the Sabaj. I will be using with the headphones a balanced cable going to the XLR headphone input.
  8. A.Cristea

Right, makes sense. My Sabaj D5 just arrived and realized that my Focusrite 2i4 doesn't have SPDIF outputs, so i will most likely sell the 2i4 and upgrade to an 18i8, 6i6 or 8i6, so that i can connect their spdif output to the optical or coaxial input of the sabaj d5. I think it's probably the...
  9. A.Cristea

Right. Option 1 would be a bit more expensive than option 2 but probably more reasonable linked together with Audeze - i could then also keep my focusrite soundcard without having to think of upgrading it. With option 2 I have the feeling (might be wrong tho) I'd be getting hiss and noises from...
  10. A.Cristea

Hi guys, i am planning to get this week the Audeze LCD-3 headphones and still debating which amp/dac I should go for. 1) amp/dac combo like sabaj d5 (460€) or topping dx7 pro(600€). (The XLR headphone input is optimal as i could then also upgrade to XLR headphone cables which imo make a...
Top Bottom