Search results

1. olivier salad

Canton Vento 826.2 Speaker Review

I once had Canton Ergo 620 and while they had great soundstage the sound was bright, artificial and metallic
  2. olivier salad

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Poweramp is the best, but I guess most people use streaming services these days
  3. olivier salad

If you believe in Harman research it's not possible to tell apart 2 different headphones eq'd to the same curve. There are obviously exceptions like distortion at high volumes
  4. olivier salad

Most people here probably use iphones, so it's not possible to use Wavelet and squig.link measurements, but if you use android it's kinda pointless to spend money on new iems when you can eq stuff that you already own and get the same results
  5. olivier salad

Vera Audio P400/1000 Review (Amplifier)

Which country do you think he had in mind?
  6. olivier salad

Vera Audio P400/1000 Review (Amplifier)

Referring to Chinese factory workers as "slaves" is nothing but racist. BTW, the actual Hypex modules are made by "slaves" in Malaysia.
  7. olivier salad

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I've heard that sometimes NC122MP modules exhibit some kind of constant hum or buzz coming from the power supply. Is it the case with this amp?
  8. olivier salad

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

This is definitely a game changer. What kind of chip does it use? I wish it had integrated power supply and normal RCAs.
  9. olivier salad

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Ok, got it. Thanks a lot for the swift reply!
  10. olivier salad

But when I set the volume lets say to -10db, pull out the cable from the phone & plug it again the app shows 0.0 db
  11. olivier salad

Seems like the option to save this value is available only in pro version. BTW, what db value corresponds to 2.0Vrms?
  12. olivier salad

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Can you switch off the screen completely with remote control?
  13. olivier salad

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

I wonder if someone outside Harman has done blind speaker tests with a substantial number of participants.
  14. olivier salad

Yes, they all ring, i.e. show oscillation of a signal in the step response, but in a different way. This is a silk dome tweeter, and it's much smoother then the previous one which I posted, which was aluminium.
  15. olivier salad

So you're telling me that this kind of ringing is okay since you can't pinpoint it on a FR graph? (It's not Genelec btw)
  16. olivier salad

Metal domes are prone to ringing and most reviews don't post step response graphs to see that.
  17. olivier salad

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

Actually Confidence series employ a waveguide
  18. olivier salad

Wyred4Sound mINT Review (DAC & Amplifier)

If you compare datasheets you'll see that 50ASX2 offers great performance in a single end configuration, better than 125ASX2 or other modules from ICEpower. The fact that this manufacturer ran it in bridged mode shows that they didn't know what they were doing.
  19. olivier salad

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

They should upgrade DX3 Pro.
  20. olivier salad

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

What's the difference between Windows volume control and hardware? How big is the drop in sound quality?
Top Bottom