Search results

1. K

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

you have just climbed 6 steps on the awesome stairs, level 3 accomplished ;) !
  2. K

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

Sure, I use a hifiberry beocreate DSP board (just because I had it lying around) which has an analog devices ADAU1451 DSP and decent power supplies onboard. I connect the Cosmos with I2S to the DSP board (I abuse the RPI pins for this) The DSP can have the Cosmos as clock master or can use...
  3. K

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Awesome piece of software, thanks! A great addition would of course be an ability to make a level vs imd measurement like Amir does in his reviews (something REW sadly cant do )
  4. K

that would be very nice to have! I use my cosmos adc connected to a adau1452 dsp board and than connected over spdif to my rme soundcard, I would do the same with cosmoc dac. ( your electronics are awesome, but rme's drivers are just without any doubt the best out there, and have been since the...
  5. K

will the cosmoc dac have i2s input?
  6. K

most pro microphones have sensitivity in the range 3-50mV/pa so that means 94dBSPL gives 3-50mV rms output the quitest mics ( ie akg c414 https://www.akg.com/Microphones/Condenser Microphones/C414+XLII.html ) have a single range of ca. 6dBSPL to ca. 140dBSPL so 134dB dyn range. at a sensitivity...
  7. K

DAC-ADC interface : Any that will work FOR SURE?

buy RME. never look back. :)
  8. K

that is great news! I assume the adc will be clock master in that situation? And will it be nessecary to cut traces/ modify traces on the pcb for this use, or can it be used in parallel with the usb output? Much thanks for all your efforts, you are really doing something special!
  9. K

that is good news Ivan! a question; will it also be possible to use the i2s outputs on the board to connect the adc to a dsp? best regards, Kees
  10. K

is there an expected release path for the shipping of the cosmos adc and cosmos dac? I cannot wait to throw my money in your pocket! :)
  11. K

DIY 3D Speaker Scanner - the Mathematics and Everything Else

I found these functions in the spherical harmonics folder of the ITA toolbox, maybe they can be helpfull for more robust/weighted fitting?
  12. K

Hmm, interesting.. We could also try spherical cap extrapolation from the aktools to extrapolate the measured points to the exact needed grids maybe? I am working on a script with databases from berlin and aachen in which we can place a genelec 8020 or QSCK8 that was measured as sofa dataset...
  13. K

Yes I am (we are) aware, but I want to have the flexibillty of a cylindrical grid; this allows you to make a much easier array with the possibillity of measuring large cabs (I want to be able to measure cabinets of 1.2x1.2x1.2m. See post 296
  14. K

source separation with offset destection working pretty well: Cardioid with 2 disturbing sources outside measurment cylinder: max 0.5dB deviation @ 250 Hz with 9th order Next step I will use aktools room to simulate a " real" reflective small room around the setup biggest challenge now is...
  15. K

I think that beamforming might not be the best option for acoustic center finding in this case, because we know what the input stimulis and min/max time of flight is. I think that the multilaterarion option I am testing with is promising, I only need to get unwrapped phase for the frequencies of...
  16. K

NTK, could you please explain how I can get the response at an arbitruary (x y z) position if the spherical coefficients are calculated? I have been fiddling with the code and the AKtools for a couple of hours, but I am not managing. For some reason I only manage on pre-calculated grids, but is...
  17. K

Hereby I send the updated code I made, in the readme.txt I kept track off all made changes.
  18. K

yup that did the trick, thanks! a picture of a soucre with offset 0.6 0.6 0.4 with and without the correction: the last plot is the difference plot between input and reconstruction (error plot)
  19. K

One thing I noticed; there is a tranformation in the coordinates between the output grid of the simulated.sources and the final output grid. I norticed this when I wanted to subtract both grids to view the error. I havent found yet where it is caused in the code
  20. K

I have sucesfully implemented a positions offset correction algorithm by means of multilateration, below the effect of a single source which is offset by 0.4meter within a cylinder of 1m, left=original, middle=reconstruction without correction, right= reconstruction with correction
Top Bottom