Search results

1. B

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

You may want to check the voltage rating of the internal components - Specifically the main capacitors and the voltage regulator chip. When the batteries are being charged the voltage can go way above the 54 Volts especially if you are charging from Solar Panels. Actually a DC to DC Power...
  2. B

Aiyima A07 PRO

When was this released ? I only saw it on the Aiyima site this morning.
  3. B

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

The audio processor part of the chipset is the clever bit. I think this one actually has 8 channels of PWM output as it designed to be used in home cinema type setups with multi channels of audio. All “Digital” amplifiers convert to PWM for the output stage and then it’s just some nice fast...
  4. B

Hi Tony. The Aiyima D03 is a digital amplifier. The chipset has digital inputs if you check out the TI Datasheet. If you want analogue inputs for this chipset then you need an ADC in front of the amplifier chipset. This is exactly what you have in the D03 and potentially why the Digital...
  5. B

The Input sensitivity of the RCA inputs is : 0.775V. Many domestic sources may output lower than this. Professional gear tends to put out 2 volts in comparison. The Digital inputs appear to be much louder than the RCA Input for "normal" domestic sources. I certainly have to increase the...
  6. B

Hi Svinyard. I already use one of these amplifiers and the RCA inputs are OK but not as good as the Digital inputs. This is a Digital Amplifier so I would buy this if I was using the Digital inputs as the primary source. If your turntable is going to be the primary source them I would...
  7. B

Advice on Amp and USB-DAC

Good little all rounder at very competitive price is the Aiyima D03. Offers excellent performance especially with digital inputs such as USB and Bluetooth. Very pleased with mine.
  8. B

I don't think this is the case with the D03 as the cut off frequency is defined in software and the sub will only provide the set of frequencies provided from the Sub out RCA connection. My understanding is this output is not the full frequency spectrum just the lower frequencies specifically...
  9. B

The D05 uses an Op Amp to provide the Filter for the Sub as the chipset used doesn't support a third channel natively. The D03 does all the processing within the DSP - including the Bass and Treble controls. There is actually no reason why the D05 should sound "Better" than the D03. In fact the...
  10. B

What is the best class d amp for max 200 euros for my demands

From memory, I think the capacitors in the Aiyima A04 are rated at 35 volts so you might want to be careful using a 36 volt power supply for this model. My only reason for using a 24 volt power supply - normally turned up to 28/29 volts is they are very easy to find on eBay and usually no more...
  11. B

I only use the 24 volt versions because they are very easy to find on the various selling sites. 36 volt versions only come up very rarely. Obviously if you are buying new it makes no difference.
  12. B

If Bluetooth is going to be your primary source then go for the Aiyima D03. If RCA (Analogue) is your main source then go for Aiyima A04 or A07. And as above I would use a Mean Well Power Supply. A 24 volt one is more than adequate for most uses and the voltage can be turned up to 28 volts...
  13. B

. I have both the A07 and D03 amplifiers. I like both !! I also have several of the earlier generation A04 models which are also very good - These are the ones with the more sensitive inputs. The D03 Analogue input does not seem to be as sensitive as the A07 or earlier A04 amplifiers so will...
  14. B

I think this may well demonstrate where this amplifier is most likely to be used. If I am a typical user, I just don't have room for a Sub and the SQ I get from a couple of decent bookshelf sized speakers (KEF Q15) is good enough. Although this amplifier does work very well as the centre...
  15. B

Just for reference I already have several Aiyima A04 and an A07 (so far unmodified). I also have one of the 3e Audio integrated amplifiers based on the TPA3250 chip (includes Bluetooth). I really like the D03 - even the RCA inputs are not particularly bad as highlighted by some other reviewers...
  16. B

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

It was me that requested the “No Auto Standby” file back when the amplifier was first introduced as we use it with an Alexa Echo and the amplifier would go into standby between requests to Alexa !! We just leave the amplifier powered up 24/7. I have now swapped it out for an Aiyima A07 so if...
  17. B

I need to play with the RCA input and try various different sources. The ADC chip is integrated into the main motherboard of the amplifier so I don’t think there is any opportunity to modify any of the basic functions within the amplfier. The only thing you might want to try is upgrading or...
  18. B

D03 Update from first day of playing. All Digital inputs including Bluetooth are all but silent when no music playing. Just a very faint (ear next to speaker) hiss even when volume is turned up to full. Analogue (RCA) input has significantly more noise and is quite noticeable at full volume...
  19. B

Does anyone know how to open the case on the D03 ?? Can I assume there are some screws under the rubber feet ?? Can‘t have a new amplifier and not have a look inside !!!
Top Bottom