Search results

1. S

XT25BG60 / XT25TG30 waveguide

The adapter doesn't protrude any more than the tweeter itself and if I recall it has a chamfer near the dome.
  2. S

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

I see many DIYers using particle board as shelving if very inexpensive. Like any wood, it needs to be sealed properly.
  3. S

I usually go with binding posts. Drill the 1/4" holes where you'd like them and pound them in. Easier than the cups, but I would go round and use a hole saw of the correct size if I was going to utilize cups.
  4. S

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

This knock-down cabinet is 0.03 ft^3 smaller. The baffle is almost the exact same, just not as deep as the OP design.
  5. S

Here is a flat pack that is very close in dimensions: https://www.jfcomponents.com/product-page/0-25cu-ft-pb-knock-down-cabinet-with-mdf-f-b-each
  6. S

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

I'm no expert, but the overlay was present in the folder.
  7. S

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

For those of you who picked up a Hifiberry DAC8x, I couldn't get it to work on Ubuntu server LTS 24.04. There seems to be an issue with overlays and had success with Raspberry Pi OS Lite 64.
  8. S

8ch hifiberry hat dac for RPI5

I received my DAC8x and planned on using it with a Hifime S2 Digi and CamillaDSP for active speakers. I used the great tutorial from @mdsimon2 and Ubuntu 24.04 server LTS, but couldn't get the DAC8x to be recognized. After hours of struggling, it seems as though there is a bug with overlays. I...
  9. S

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

I received my DAC8x and planned on using it with a Hifime S2 Digi and CamillaDSP for active speakers. I used the great tutorial from @mdsimon2 and Ubuntu 24.04 server LTS, but couldn't get the DAC8x to be recognized. After hours of struggling, it seems as though there is a bug with overlays...
  10. S

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Those are the instructions I followed a few years ago when I did the mod. I'm not familiar with the AA+ myself, but they are a larger speaker than the SP BS 22-LR (.5 ft^3 for the BR-1 cabs) and use a much more expensive tweeter. More info here...
  11. S

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

Will Aliexpress be getting the mono back in stock?
  12. S

Is all speaker fill created equal?

We receive packages that use recycled denim for insulation. I keep these for future speaker projects:
  13. S

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

Mike is a great guy and the $10 donation for the cab and crossover specs is reasonable. He reuses the cabinets across designs to cut down on the woodworking and space that this hobby can consume. I built his Anarchy-XT and I think they sound great. He has a design called the Hummingbird-TA...
  14. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

There is some discussion at the end of the review thread talking about the differences in versions. I am pleased with both versions I have. I do not use the headphone output. There are a lot of DAC options out there, compare the features this one has with others to determine if this is a...
  15. S

1miiDirect via Amazon has 1Mii DS600 DAC & Bluetooth Receiver (Silver) on sale for $249.99 - $124.99 when you add promo code 504DMUA5 to cart = $124.99. Shipping is free.
  16. S

Yamaha R-S202 Stereo Receiver $200 + $75 gift card for $200 shipped @ Newegg
  17. S

Thanks MarcosCh, I'm up and running! Here is a screenshot of my settings:
  18. S

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try it later today.
  19. S

I recently purchased a Motu M4, installed the latest version of Moode on my pi4, and have been struggling to get 4 channel playback via CamillaDSP. M4 is selected as the playback device and loopback is enabled in the audio settings. In CamillaDSP I have tried the settings suggested in the...
  20. S

WTB Ghent Audio case for icepower 50asxse

I must have snagged the same deal! Are you able to 3D print?
Top Bottom