Search results

1. X

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

I did the same with the SMSL M200 I have purely for LDAC Bluetooth and I honestly can't tell any difference. I tried once with my Sabaj D5 too, same effect.
  2. X

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

If you order from Shenzhen Audio on Amazon you should get within 7-9 days, that's my experience, sometimes quicker. The ball ache arises when you have to do a return, has to go all the way back to China before you get your refund.
  3. X

Looking for suggestions on adding DAC with MQA support using FireTV as streamer

You could use an MQA streamer with a DAC built in if MQA is important for you. I use the Bluesound node 2i. But you have to use their app.
  4. X

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

I am very happy with the sound of the DAC and the bluetooth is great too. I use the DAC in my living room so the big display and the remote is a big plus for me.
  5. X

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

Solely because COAX out is the one that is seemingly best out of the bluesound node 2i streamer and what everyone else seems to use with it. Anyway I did try to use the optical. Got the loud popping noise there too. Tried changing from XLR to RCA from M200 to SP200, that did weirdly improve...
  6. X

Seems perfectly fine via USB. There is an ever so slight hint of static when it changes sample rate. Just on the COAX IN when it makes popping noise :( Might downgrade it to be used only via LDAC bluetooth when I need it (I bought this over alternatives purely for LDAC when I need to connect to...
  7. X

Source is Bluesound Node 2i. I don't get popping with LDAC Bluetooth but it stays constant 96HZ sample rate so I wouldn't expect it to be. Will test USB to laptop.
  8. X

So having used my SMSL M200 quite a bit more now (on COAX IN) I have noticed there is popping noise sometimes when music switches. It happens quite often. Is that some sort of fault? Sometimes the popping is very loud, a bit intolerable. What do you think I should do?
  9. X

tube amp for hd800s around 500$

I have the xDuoo TA-30 which I use with my Focal Utopia and it pairs well with it in my opinion. Power for days and love the sound signature.
  10. X

Did an A/B and I thought coax sounded slightly better on the node 2i. Just personal opinion though but I see others also using coax when bypassing internal DAC on the node.
  11. X

I've tried coax out to my Sabaj D5 too and it worked perfectly for Tidal streaming. But the Sabaj D5 lives in my main desktop set up so not my long term pair with this. It did not work with my Topping D50s but that is because the DAC was faulty and has been sent back. The coax in not working on...
  12. X

I adore my Utopia, the sound is a nice blend of technical and musical to me, feels like I can hear every detail. And my Stellia, many similarities to the Utopia but distinct in it's own right being warmer and smoother. And have a soft spot for my Verum One which I also keep around and use - true...
  13. X

Depends on what is audible to the person I guess. Purely anecdotal for me, with my Focal Utopia I am using the xDuoo TA-30 amp (hybrid tube with power for days) which has integrated ES9038Q2M DAC. Felt like something was missing. I had a Topping D50s which I briefly tried on it from my other set...
  14. X

I kind of agree but only couple hundred bucks on top of the $300 you said can get you those flagship DAC chips.
  15. X

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

For me it was the LDAC bluetooth that sold it. Was a non-negotiable, very important to me in my downstairs set up - allowing me to connect headphones to my TV sound using LDAC when needed. It's nice that it will match my SP200 though.
  16. X

Awesome! Glad you like it! As I said I've been using my Sabaj D5 on my main, desktop set up which has the same DAC chip as your Topping and I'm finding it phenomenal. Sounds so good in the Sabaj D5 -> xDuoo TA-30 -> Focal Utopia chain. I went for the M200 in the end since the head amp I've got...
  17. X

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

I received my unit with v1.6. I have choice of 0-90 on volume on each output. The output volume saves, so if I leave SE out at 30 and line out at 40 if I switch between outputs it will remember.
Top Bottom