Search results

1. R

Extron XPA 1002 Plus Amplifier Review

Can confirm mine (non plus) has the ticking noise as well. Pretty annoying once you know it's there but if I stick it at the bottom of the rack maybe it'll be ok. That's pretty cool about the single potentiometer. I'd consider buying another one to run a bridged pair but am concerned it might...
  2. R

dbx 223xs Crossover Review

Indeed. Here in Australia, Swamp Industries sell a crossover with essentially the same functionality and a very similar name for a mere $150AUD which seems to have almost identical (sometimes better) published specs than this unit. I'm quite tempted to give it a go. Edit: Just downloaded the...
  3. R

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

Nice to see this unit still hanging in there! I've got one with Simon's (behringermods) I/O upgrades and I'm fairly happy with it - extremely powerful device for the money....i barely use a fraction of the functions. One of the best things I did though was build one of the little wifi remotes...
  4. R

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Are they really hinting that it's fine? It's a 220v unit and clearly labelled as such at the end of the day. I think we can conclude that it's marginal in the UK and probably not ok where I live. What impressed me tho was that they readily offered info about the unit's transformers to a user...
  5. R

Pretty impressive support really... Most companies wouldn't entertain anything like that. Their device supports the majority of voltages it is likely to encounter and is clearly labelled 220v so Soncoz have been entirely above board here.
  6. R

Sincere thanks! You've confirmed exactly what I suspected, and in fact I was wondering whether the PTC15 115VAC transformers could be substituted without influencing the performance of the device. Very reassuring that you've done exactly that. Where I live, the mains is regularly closer to 250VAC.
  7. R

Well, this is timely that the transformer is mentioned here. I'm considering the unit for use in a part of Australia where the mains voltage is routinely around 240v with periods where it can significantly exceed 250v. Currently my smart devices (for what that's worth) are measuring 243v and...
  8. R

JL ELectronics Sylph-D200 Amplifier Module Review

Sensible advice. I'm pretty happy with the OPA1656 but would like to try some more... to be truthful the journey of experimentation is part of the fun. I definitely fall in the budget conscious category tho so maybe the Bugatti of op amps isn't for me.:)
  9. R

JL ELectronics Sylph-D200 Amplifier Module Review

Nice. They certainly look the part! Would you say it's worth the investment for use in the Sylph-D200? Certainly not a cheap op-amp...depending on where one buys them the cost is nearly as high as the amp module itself.
  10. R

Crackling static sounds on S.M.S.L. Sanskrit MKII

I'll try and post a video of my own.. Im still investigating...optical seems fine, and usb off my moode loaded pi seems better, if somewhat laggy changing the volume. Maybe it's related to Android TV for me. I'm not really experienced enough to understand how Android deals with audio. I'm...
  11. R

@carsknivesbeer, did you get yours from bangood or direct from smsl?
  12. R

Same here, I just got mine. I'm going Android TV (mi box 3) via usb to the dac. Same crackling on all settings. It's really a shame and kinda ruins the device for me as I bought it as a preamp.:(
Top Bottom