1. B

From Revel M105 to M126Be

So how did they compare?
  2. B

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Rack mount Purifi? Channel options?
  3. B

Seaton SubMersive HP Seattle area

Black Maple Seaton SubMersive HP, model SM-215-HP-1, 2400 watt amp, great condition, sorry no shipping $1,325 See tested THD+N, https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/subwoofers/seaton-sound-submersive-hpi-subwoofer/
  4. B

Amplifiers based on Hypex/Purifi and maybe Pascal

Send a unit to Amir
  5. B

KJF Audio MA-01 Review (Multi-channel Amplifier)

Honestly, this seems like the perfect high performance home theater amp. More amp options are available for 2, 5 maybe 7 channels set ups but when you have atmos and multi sub class d is the only option IMO (assuming you don't have a separate equipment room or special ventilation and power)...
  6. B

My D My Denon AVR X4000 puts out 4.2 clean volts
  7. B

I see that they have a rack mount version and offer speakons. Also i like the protection/longevity the fans can add especially since you can use 4 252 making it 8 channels or 502 doubling power. Well thought out amp. Never understood why most hypex based amps don't use the features of the...
  8. B

Revel C208 Review (Center Speaker)

smell the glove, great album
  9. B

NAD M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier Review

It is frustrating to follow a thread and see loosely related things discussed. I get that. At the same time Apollon's responses to questions asked seemed more informative than marketing. I learned. If manufacturers follow, listen, provide insight and answers, i think it is mostly additive. Who...
  10. B

Buckeye 6 Channel Amplifier Review

Very Nice!! Definitely pushing me toward the buy button. Will those be available for all channel selections? Hope to see a picture. Do you also have a picture of the bottom side? Maybe a picture of an empty enclosure? I am concerned with venting and heat in general and would like to get a...
  11. B

Buckeye 6 Channel Amplifier Review

These hypex modules can report temps and clipping , dc errors, etc. But manufacturers don't seem to be taking advantage. Why? Is there a disadvantage or just for a more economic and simpler implementation?
  12. B

Buckeye Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Looks very nice Buckeye. Question: Why do many multichannel hypex/purifi builds have speaker connections above and inputs below? Is this a Pain in the Rack (PIR) (copyright 2021) ? Speaker wires typically head down with amps lower than processors for cleaner cable management. Amps by nad...
  13. B

Buckeye Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Look forward to speakon option! You can see an example from kjf audio's ma-01 flexible amp. Looks nice although i would put the xlr on top and speakons below. Speaker wires usually go down to the floor while amps are usually below the processor. Seems strange to cross the wires imo
  14. B

Purifi/Hypex Amp Choice for 7.4.6 Setup

Did you look at the kjf audio ma-01. They are a touch more than vtv but less than most. Unfortunately not in us. I like the rackmount option, the speakon conector option, the dc protection, the clip indicator and yes the dual fans. I don't care what u audio snobs say, You stick 5 to 8 channels...
  15. B

If it were me... Hypex is great but who doesn't want Purifi?? And in a NAD product! Let's assume rkwinkel has the $$$ and is using a retailer that has a good return policy like Crutchfield's 60 day no risk. Can't wait for his impressions.
  16. B

"clear my hurdle of 96 dB for 16 bit content" Tell me more. Did Amir write something on this or does anyone have recommended reading material? Something that helps put the measurements in context.
  17. B

Lab.Gruppen E 4:2 Pro Amplifier Review

I think you are saying it makes a pretty damn good amp in a multi channel home theater set up, yes? Would you expect the working used amps out there to be reliable? My experience has been good in my home theater that includes five 4:2 and one 5:4 all on just one dedicated 20 amp circuit...
  18. B

Check out this home theater incorporating a few of these amps https://procella.audio/private-home-theater-in-the-netherlands/ Lab Gruppen Home Theater I suspect it sounds pretty good
  19. B

If you want an amp that is reliable, you can pick up fo $100 per channel, doesn't heat up your room, has flexible wattage distribution, gains adjustments, easily fits in a rack and does not depreciate when you want to sell and move on, then a used one of these works well, particularly when you...
  20. B

The speaker connectors are Very well said. The speaker/output connections are far superior to binding posts on consumer amps and even better than speakons, at least in the context of an installed product. They take 10AWG wire with ease (unsure on 8AWG, probably fine) and the screw provides...
Top Bottom