Search results

1. OP1M.DR3M

Can US power cords & AC plugs handle 220v?

All my equipment should be sold at least overseas as well as USA and are rated to handle 100-240v. Current set-up: *Bluesound Node streamer (latest N130 version) *Denafrips Ares II DAC *SMSL VMV A1 integrated amplifier Here's another idea.. could I get the EU version of my Ifi Power Station...
  2. OP1M.DR3M

So 5-15P and 5-15R appear to be the US style plug/outlet and are rated 125v.. does that mean I have to switch all my cables to a plug/receptacle rated 250v per the chart? I'm getting some inconsistent info but it seems like most Vietnam outlets should look like one of these? So it seems it...
  3. OP1M.DR3M

Hi y'all.. I currently live in the United States and just picked up an Ifi Power Station power strip for US outlets & plugs https://ifi-audio.com/products/powerstation/ It's rated to work with voltages from 90v-265v. I'm planning to move Vietnam soon where they run on 220v/50hz (but I believe...
  4. OP1M.DR3M

XLR output to RCA input done properly?

Thanks for all the great info everyone :) Some of this stuff is a little over my head but my takeaway is: *Transformers (ie DI boxes?) work well, can help with ground loops/noise, but inherently introduce some level of distortion/affect the frequency response. *Conversion cables are simplest...
  5. OP1M.DR3M

It's somewhat of a theoretical question but yes it has rca outputs.. currently Schiit Modius but considering Schiit Bifrost 2, Denafrips Ares 2, or SMSL VMV D1SE next
  6. OP1M.DR3M

WiiM Mini Streamer

@WiiM Support Thank you for answering our questions here! On your site it says: Updates to be released by 5/15 New Features: Amazon Ultra HD support TIDAL Master support (bypass MQA) 48kHz/24 bit supported on AirPlay 2 Does the Tidal Master support mean it will do MQA pass-through via...
  7. OP1M.DR3M

What's been your experience with SMSL/Topping reliability & warranty support?

Just wondering what everyone's overall experience has been with SMSL, Topping, Sabaj, Loxjie, Gustard, etc. when it comes to product reliability and warranty support from the companies when things do go wrong.. I'm on my second SMSL DA-8S amp that's having issues with popping/cracking noises in...
  8. OP1M.DR3M

SMSL SA400 Review (Power Amplifier)

Is the coil noise still quiet? How's the amp holding up so far?
  9. OP1M.DR3M

If I want to connect my DAC's XLR output to a preamp or integrated amp's RCA input, what are my options? This Emotiva adapter cable seems to do it "properly" https://emotiva.com/products/balanced-xlr-female-to-unbalanced-rca-female-adapter-interconnect but it'd be nice to have a cable wired...
  10. OP1M.DR3M

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Wait, so does the 8330a seem to not have as much headroom as the 8030c for some reason?
  11. OP1M.DR3M

Just bought UMIK-1.. eq/room correction options?

Total eq newb here.. Just bought a UMIK-1, tried the SPL meter option and ran a few sweeps on REW from listening position; that's all. Not sure what to make of the results. Looks like a peak at ~55Hz and a dip at ~125Hz?.... (see graph below) For some reason I thought Dirac Live was something...
  12. OP1M.DR3M

Revel M16 vs. Focal Chora 806 for small room?

Agreed. Thank you, you've been really helpful. I would have gone with the Focals regardless as I'm very curious about their wide directivity.. and at $900 on Amazon I consider them a must try. LS50 have been returned and as soon as the refund goes through I'm ordering the Aria 906. If I'm not...
  13. OP1M.DR3M

Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - $200

Up for your consideration is a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling headphones in great condition. I bought them new from Best Buy in October last year. I installed Dekoni pads which are a bit thicker, very plush, and in my opinion more comfortable (partially because there's more room...
  14. OP1M.DR3M

Small budget first sub recommendation Yamaha vs Jamo

Yeah Z has put a lot of gear on my radar. I've found that sometimes our tastes align and sometimes they really don't. Looks like there is an Emotiva distributor in Poland.. that's where you are, correct?
  15. OP1M.DR3M

Revel M16 vs. Focal Chora 806 for small room?

Ok, so I'm learning a little more everyday and the more I learn the more questions I have.. I've been looking at the specs for my amp modules when run at 24v. They can run up to 26v apparently, but my amp uses a 24v power supply. Below, it looks like I'm getting: ~30w into 8ohms @ 1% THD+N...
  16. OP1M.DR3M

How do I measure DAC output voltage?

Nevermind, I see. Couldn't find the spec myself though
  17. OP1M.DR3M

Ohh.. is it related to my multimeter only going down to 200v AC?..
  18. OP1M.DR3M

Oh wait, you said to 200hz tone which is well within range. Although I have no idea if that is related to that spec as far multimeters are concerned.
  19. OP1M.DR3M

Found this Fluke for a reasonable $46 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-101-Multimeter-Equipment-Industrial/dp/B01IB9S6WK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=fluke+multimeter&qid=1593495847&sr=8-7 Worth it? Specs on Fluke's site shows down to 600mV range but frequency is 10Hz-100kHz. Does this...
Top Bottom