Search results

1. M

FS/US - TEAC UD-301 DAC / Headphone AMP / DSD

Shipping info updated - thank you.
  2. M

FS/US - TEAC UD-301 DAC / Headphone AMP / DSD

TEAC UD-301 Headphone AMP / DAC I'm the original owner having purchased it new from Crutchfield. I had been using it in my office at work on occasion. At the beginning covid I switched to working from home and haven't used it since as I already had a setup there. Official specs are posted here...
  3. M

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

At the time of this writing, looks like they have units in stock and a 10% off sale putting them at $3599.99 https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=37887
  4. M

Any Korean/Asian movies/series fans?

I'm looking forward to "Blossoms Shanghai" when / if it comes out later this year.
  5. M

Ask me questions.

@JohnYang1997 So just in case I missed a reply upthread, does Topping have any interest / plans to introduce an AVP?
  6. M

Denon AVP

Denon was poised to release a more budget friendly AVP shortly after the AVP-A1HDCI but killed it just before release unfortunately: https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-denon-pre-pro-avp-cix-based-on-avr-4310.1038205/
  7. M

Worst movie ever?

Lol
  8. M

Worst movie ever?

Can't say they are the worst movies ever but when I think about really bad movies I've seen, these two usually come to mind: Freejack After Earth Big budgets, famous actors, really bad results...
  9. M

Rice cooker recommendations?

I have a 30 year old National rice cooker (SR-GE10N) that's still going strong. More recently, I bought a newer model for my mother a couple years ago - a made in Japan model from Tiger that seems to be doing well.
  10. M

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Yes, most of the Etymotic headphones had consistent "hidden" pricing at Adorama when they were carrying the brand IIRC.
  11. M

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Now that Etymotic is no longer carried by Adorama, where is a good place to find them at "favorable" prices?
  12. M

is there a box set that you think is worth the money?

The box sets that King Crimson have been releasing have been worthwhile IMHO. For me it's a tossup between the "Starless" or "Road to Red" boxes. I also like that they offered some of the box material as standalone content.
  13. M

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

Open Your Eyes from 1997 This was later remade as Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise in 2001
  14. M

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Assuming that the HTP-1 was intended as a flagship model, I was hoping that at some point a more stripped down version would be introduced (fewer channels, etc) at a lower price point. With this current info, that seems rather unlikely. Too bad for me.
  15. M

AKM restarting production

Looks like Topping has moved back to AKM for the E30 series: https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/decoder-dac/products/topping-e30-ii-dual-ak4493s-decoder-dac-with-remote-control-hi-res-decoder
  16. M

Amazon Prime Music Going Up

Since they can't seem to get "bit perfect" or spatial audio going on a Mac desktop device, the price increase was the final incentive for me to cancel my subscription.
  17. M

They have murdered "Tears for Fears" ... digitally!

I wasn't able to get this to work for me, but using JRiver Media Center, it reports the DR level is 13 for the above track:
  18. M

They have murdered "Tears for Fears" ... digitally!

Here's one of the tracks from the blu-ray for the sake of comparison:
  19. M

Asian music & artists

The surround mix of this is also quite nice.
  20. M

Review Images

When product reviews have an image with two panthers, sometimes the location of the panthers and the text overlay give the wrong impression. For example, the recent review for Chane A1.5 speakers. Below the broken headed panther is the text AudioScienceReview.com and under the smiling panther is...
Top Bottom