Search results

1. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Alternately, use the digital out to feed a DAC with balanced outputs. It’s not yet clear if this will be doable whilst keeping the sub out and bass management.
  2. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

How on earth would think the price would be less than the Pro Plus, when it does everything the Plus does and more.
  3. Yorkshire Mouth

We need another spicy review thread now that the Tekton furore has died down….

And yet an astonishingly huge amount of their premium music is mastered on these speakers.
  4. Yorkshire Mouth

I suspect (a) they’re far more accurate than other B&Ws, and (b) the general quality of the drivers is enough that any inconsistencies are easily EQd out without distortion. But I might be wrong.
  5. Yorkshire Mouth

Okay, back on topic. Bowers & Wilkins’ 800 Series Diamond D3.
  6. Yorkshire Mouth

Shanling SM1.3 New Streamer Transport & DAC Announced

I'd like to see round the back. Subwoofer out? With bass management?
  7. Yorkshire Mouth

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

20kHz is 20,000 times a second. If it can accurately reproduce 20kHz as 20 kHz with below audible distortion, I’d be interested to hear how that isn’t fast enough.
  8. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Sorry, dunno.
  9. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

There’s no perhaps about it, it has a phono stage, which they’ve confirmed will be mm and mc. The DAC will be better too, apparently.
  10. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Apropos my previous post (the second device), whilst I have no indication at all as to what this would be, I do note this. At the WiiM forums since the Ultra was announced, and specs firmed up, the two most common opinions I’ve seen have been “I don’t want a screen” and “I want balanced outs”...
  11. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Not by the looks of things. However, alongside the Ultra, WiiM are releasing ‘something else’. It’s not impossible it’ll be an ‘Ultra Balanced’. I doubt it, but who knows. The trade show where both are being launched opens on Monday, so we’ll know soon enough.
  12. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

In which case, I’d have thought the options would have been £450, £500 or £550.
  13. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Is there any chance you could re-word that?
  14. Yorkshire Mouth

Class D amp long term reliability

I wonder how much of the criticisms are based on people using these camps in California. I suspect the dangers aren’t so great in northern England.
  15. Yorkshire Mouth

Thank you. So if you don’t run it at full tilt, and your listening sessions are not so long, and less frequent, then your Class D (or Class Anything) amp is less prone to giving up the ghost, all else being equal?
  16. Yorkshire Mouth

What would be likely to lengthen/shorten the life of a Class D amp? If you sat one in a box for 5 years, I presume it wouldn’t wear out. If you use it for four hours a week, is it likely to last longer than 40 hours a week? And would it last 10 times longer? Would running it at full welly...
  17. Yorkshire Mouth

Speaker Stands - desktop/office set up - is it just me…?

Oh, that’s an excellent spot. Well done that man, I owe you a pint.
  18. Yorkshire Mouth

Speaker Stands - desktop/office set up - is it just me…?

Cheers. Only available over here imported from the US, prices quite high. Thanks anyway.
  19. Yorkshire Mouth

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

You see, that’s what prompted the question. The vanilla D10s is £110, balanced £140, so £30 extra. The SMSL is £80, so add £30, that’s £110, which is a great price for a balanced DAC. And not limited to USB in, either.
Top Bottom