Search results

1. F

Topping E30 DAC Review

has anyone had an issue on Windows 10 where the sound on the E30 stops working? the front panel looks normal but no sound plays and programs trying to do playback just hang. unplugging the E30 unfreezes those programs (but obviously there is still no sound). plugging it back in results in the...
  2. F

Topping E30 DAC Review

i ran this while waiting for the L30 to be released, i thought it sounded (subjectively) pretty bad. iirc everything was really boomy.
  3. F

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

i was reassured by the communication from @JohnYang1997 about the ESD fix being retrofitted to all 2012+, so registered with my retailer for replacement today :). thx also to @solderdude for his explanations.
  4. F

that's what i thought too! will wait and see if there is any further info from @JohnYang1997
  5. F

luckily in this case the product hasn't been on the market for more than 6 months so unlikely to be a problem. in any case Topping have stated that it's a design flaw and issued a product recall.
  6. F

no, return shipping for a faulty product should never be at the consumer's expense, regardless of whether it's for refund or exchange.
  7. F

as others have said, what is the relevance of ESD in a completely different application? "when i was a kid we used to zap each other with ESD all the time and nobody died, i'm sure the L30 can't damage headphones even though the manufacturer says it can and has issued a product recall?" come on.
  8. F

yes that sounds ridiculous. you definitely shouldn't be paying to ship back a defective product, and whatever he wants to do to save 'his' money is his problem. lots of L30 retailers don't even require you to send them back, just a photo of it being damaged so it can't be resold. if it's...
  9. F

i'm a bit confused, i emailed Topping direct and they said 2012+ has the DC and ESD fixes.
  10. F

Sorry to nitpick, that doesn't mention the 'newer' (less serious) ESD issues that @JohnYang1997 only mentions as being found/fixed on Thursday.
  11. F

my seller has said that "Topping send you a version without problem" but there may be a language issue. as far as i know there's been no word yet of an ESD fixed batch?
  12. F

the feet change from batch to batch anyway. my early batch E30 had different feet to my later one.
  13. F

mine are the same size? well within a mm or so
  14. F

you bought from amazon uk?
  15. F

yeah, makes sense. i was wondering if topic actually have a UK supply? any idea where i can source one? @JohnYang1997
  16. F

Topping L30 ordered - let the wait commence

25cm, works fine. they are pretty flexible, i wouldn't say there's any real pressure on either of the components. i have the E30 under the L30, fwiw.
  17. F

i hadn't really considered it when i ordered from audiophonics (in france), but mine has an EU power supply unsurprisingly. is there a UK power supply available? at the moment i'm just using an adapter, which isn't the end of the world but is a bit untidy.
  18. F

i bought these, with the sale it was about the same price as the Topping cable, seems i was lucky! https://www.designacable.com/mogami-twin-rca-lead-low-capacitance-75ohm-audio-coax-cable-angled-or-straight-connectors.html
  19. F

mine arrived today from audiophonics. i moved the E30 to be next to my powered desktop speakers so that the RCA cables could be shorter, but now the USB cable has to cover 1m. maybe i should get a low-noise USB cable. j/k! :p it's actually so i can access the volume on the L30 more easily...
Top Bottom