Search results

1. sfabio

Blues Essentials?

Eric Bibb Mighty Sam McClain
  2. sfabio

KJF Audio MA-01 Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Maybe you could use female connector on pcb and male connector on cable, so no "live pins" and no need of dummy plugs?
  3. sfabio

MOTU UltraLite Mk5, New Audio Interface Generation With New Drivers, USB-C & More

I hope that in this new version, the volume knob on the front can control all ten channels at the same time and not only the two main ones, or that somehow they can be connected as in the RME mixer :) Edit: I have just seen that in the new cuemix 5 is possible to link together various channels...
  4. sfabio

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4 (AKM DAC Version)

Yes, correct. Maybe NC500MP input impedance (47K either input to ground) plays a role here? Actually I've a BMS4594HE driver, even more sensitive! :facepalm: (16 Ohm drivers but I don't think it substantially changes the problem) I need the MOTU because my system is 8 way active and in the...
  5. sfabio

Thanks for the hints, I'm not an EE and I'm sure your math is ok, but I still measure flat 20Khz at the listening position, how it's possible if the filter bandwidth is 1,37 KHz? I've had no differences in measurements at the listening position with or without the filter :oops: I need to filter...
  6. sfabio

A little update. I have not studied electronics so forgive the inaccuracies; after doing some research I found an article that described the filtering of balanced connections and in which it was noted the importance of the tolerance of the components on the two branches of the line: at least 1%...
  7. sfabio

It's an intermodulation issue like @March Audio explained here
  8. sfabio

Yes, a first order lowpass at about 50KHz in my system
  9. sfabio

Apollon Hypex NC2K Amplifier Teardown

I have four UcD 180 (two AD and two HG), two UcD 180HG with HxR, two UcD 400HG and four NC500MP. The first four are, from 2008, in my car, amplifiying 4 ohm speakers at ambient temperatures from -15 to 50+ °C, the others UcD are in my car from 2012 and the last four NC are in my home from about...
  10. sfabio

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Buja (pop. 6435). Italy
  11. sfabio

10K€ System Challenge (specs inside)

These are my self-made speakers, based on Peter Morris PM60 project: 2 ways + Sub (sealed 18", my design), with digital xo and drc (audiolense). If You are interested I've pdf and drw drawings and You can find a lot of informations in the dedicated thread on soundforums.net
  12. sfabio

10K€ System Challenge (specs inside)

@Jose Hidalgo Have you thought about DIY speaker build and PC based xo/drc ?
  13. sfabio

Low distortion attenuator for building a passive pre-amp?

I think it all started from here :)
  14. sfabio

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

Yes, but I think that NCxxxMP modules are already DC protected, I prefer to not add another active component in the signal path Nice speakers, a friend of mine have a pair :)
  15. sfabio

I've neither the equipment nor the ability to measure this, maybe Alan @March Audio can help us to understand why there are these "pops" in our systems. But IF there is a DC offset when on, may it not be there when muted? It seems that there are no pops turning it off when muted
  16. sfabio

Maybe! Please keep us informed :)
  17. sfabio

It seems that it doesn't work: #91 The only thing that can avoid pops is a relay that disconnects the speakers from the amplifier. But luckily the pops are only annoying, not dangerous. Since the pop on power on is much less strong than the pop on power off, maybe just muting the amp before...
  18. sfabio

What kind of speakers do You have? With passive low sensitivity speakers the pop is inaudible, I have a 110 dB mid-high without crossover, the pop is very loud!
  19. sfabio

I think so, but it seems that Motu, unlike RME, has not implemented it. Surely with another amplifier or less sensitive speakers the noise doesn't appear (I've tried with my Mosscade 502, deadly silent!). It's just a small detail that differentiates well-engineered products like RME or...
Top Bottom