Search results

1. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

I have never heard an A.M. stereo broadcast. I’m curious now that you mention it. .
  2. C

Carver Audio from the mid-80s

Well O guess they just went with the more speakers are better than less speakers design. Lol. How did it sound?
  3. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Thanks for the feedback. I have seriously considered buying an older Adcom amplifier because I remember them sounding very good back in the 90s but I often wondered how they would compare in sound to the Carver designed amps. The Adcoms being the classic huge and heavy box of amplifier vs...
  4. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

That sounds so completely messed up it is hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of reason for the goofy build on that receiver. I believe you. It sounds like one of those things when you aren't there during the design process the decisions made can not be made sense of at all. But if...
  5. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

It is rare to not be able to repair something...at all...ever! I'm dying to know, what the hell broke? lol
  6. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

That is what I was hoping for. It seems He has or has access to...well...everything!
  7. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Super cool! Thank you. Now I have something to watch when I get home tonight besides the doom and gloom of the Earth coming to an end....apparently. lol
  8. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Yeah....I'll let you know how it goes if you like. I see the 350 watt/channel rating in the manual you linked to. It is strange that I see it listed at 600 watts per channel-mono in several other places. There is never an ohm rating listed with the 600 watt/channel-mono rating however. So...
  9. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

I've pushed my TFM-25s to the limit several times, too. LOL I just turn them off and turn them back on and keep cranking. LOL They are 30 years old now and still tough as nails. FYI....I've never cranked them to the limit running them in mono....I'm not sure there are many speakers out...
  10. C

Carver Audio from the mid-80s

I know this thread is old, but I can verify that the power supply design doesn’t seem to like low impedance speakers and does indeed trip the protection circuit on occasion. I have two of thebTFM-25 amps. One of them seems to trip more easily than the other. Wether it is running in stereo or...
  11. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

I think all of that is well said and fair. Personally, I think Bob is a really creative guy. I have never heard one of his tube amps but they are works of art to look at. No doubt about that.
  12. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

LOL...I’m a big proponent of “modifying” things well.....and even better then well. In other words, I’m pretty good at souping things up until they break. :D That’s the best way to find the limits. Lol
  13. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Exactly....It would just be fun to see. End the debate. What are the actual pros and cons. I have seen just as many "I had one and loved it" comments on the internet as I have seen "I had one and hated it because x,y, or z" I suspect much of the hate was just a result of a bad match up...
  14. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

I heard the same thing about them....again...there is much to be "heard" about these amps. I recapped mine and it was pretty straight forward. you could get to the bottom of the amp easily. There were a BUNCH of caps to replace though. I did them all just because of age and I'll do the other...
  15. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Well we are talking to about people on the internet soooooooo......those guys are usually geniuses and EVERYONE is else is stupid, including Bob. LOL But to your point, I think there is some truth to your statement. I think He started in camp 1 and stayed there but I get the feeling He is a...
  16. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Wes, am I to take this to mean you are in camp #2 I listed above "Bob Carver is a marketing genius and his designs are nothing more than marketing hype!..."? It seems the interviewer throws out the phrase "Magnetic Filed Amplifier...." as if he was really saying "So Bob...about this 'Magnetic...
  17. C

A Call For Humor!

This is clearly (to the trained eye) a Gonkulator. From the looks of this one it will clearly gonk. However, the flimflams seem small for this type. The resulting polyphase gonkulation will seem unpleasant and a bit harsh even to the average user. Personally, I wouldn’t gonk with this one.
  18. C

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Hey guys! So I'm a recovered Audiophile who has fallen off the wagon recently. lol So I'm back at it. Much has changed since the 1990s-2000s. Some things that haven't changed is the high volume of opinions about how things sound. I'm loving this site. Thank you for all of the effort you...
Top Bottom