Search results

1. L

Software Player volume vs DAC digital volume vs Analog volume

OK Jumbotron. Seems coherent with measurement.
  2. L

Thank you ! Volume MPC-HC strongly improve if you set max volume at 95% : strange but measurements give the demonstration !
  3. L

Hello everybody, To continue this analysis, do you know the volume resolution/performance of -MP-HC (Media Player Home cinema)? -Windows seven 64 bits ? Thanks for your advise/answer
  4. L

When I said that digital volume is a very huge/passionate topic ( see already all advises) :D:D:D If I summarize our discussion: - Prefer audio player ( Foobar/jriver) which manage a resolution of 24 -->64 bits + Floating points - Use DAC volume in second step or analog attenuator - Reason is...
  5. L

Thanks a lot Bennetng ! With the replaygain activated following recommendation , I would like manage the volume from OPPO itself. Is it a good compromise to reduce a little bit the Foobar volume (-6db) and manage the remaining volume control with OPPO to maintain a volume level around 60/70%...
  6. L

Thanks a lot. Your article suggests to use replaygain. Could you confirm the config in the menu playback : replaygain as to set: - source mode: album - processing: apply gain and prevent clipping. how alter file content menu has to be set : target level set to 89db (default) or much more...
  7. L

Thank you for your answer. If I understand, even OPPO 105 ESS SABRE uses a 32 bit volume resolution but without floating point management, it is better to use Foobar with a 24 bits resolution including floating point management, is it right? I assume that I use a resolution of 24bit 96khz for...
  8. L

Dear Bennetgn, Your advise will be appreciated on the following point: - Do you think is better to use the volume on foobar player or on the DAC? Thank you
  9. L

dear Bennetng, To avoid misunderstanding, I confirm that your article in Archimago is one of the most clear and factual post related to digital volume that I read on others forum. Your work is very great and interesting. Thank you very much for this. I would like to see simple comparison...
  10. L

thanks for yours answers. I know the last archimago article. Nevertheless, I would like to see measurement with different type of configuration. For example Jriver uses a 64 bits resolution for the volume vs 32 bits for Foobar. An other point, OPPO105/205 use ESS sabre 32 bits volume, etc...
  11. L

Dear all and Armirm, Several topics on audio forum explain/confirm/put the question about the best method to manage the volume in our audio system when we use software player + DAC +Preamp and/or Amp. I am a little lost and would like if it is possible for you that you write an article with...
  12. L

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

OK Amirm If you have the possibility to test the Sabre 32 bits volume control with another DAC ( ie : oppo 205) it will be very appreciated. Thank you and congratulation again for yours tests on DAC with always a high level of exhaustive/quality measurements !
  13. L

Yes, I think so but measurement could definitively close questions/feeling/advice: objective results is better than subjective ;-)
  14. L

Dear Amirm Several questions are related to the quality of the digital volume managed by the SABRE 32 bits. Is it possible that you do a SINAD measurement with a 25db less vs 100% volume in order to compare the result? A better approach will be to detect the volume decrease value when the...
  15. L

Test performance of AOP Burson/SPARKOS/SONIC994/1612, .....

Unfortunately, I have no adequate tools/oscillo to achieve the test. If an expert could be done these tests and comparaison it will be very great and useful for the community Thank you
  16. L

Test performance of AOP Burson/SPARKOS/SONIC994/1612, .....

Hello everybody, I read on several forum the advantage to use specific AOP for the final stage of DAC or Amplifier. Several reference are used on forum. It could be very interesting to test their performance: - SNR - Bandwish - slew rate -.... I suggest the following reference - 994Enh Discret...
  17. L

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Hello Everybody I saw that you have started measurements on OPPO105D with some bad results on linearity. I think a lot of people will be very interested to see the next chapters of tests especially on USB/SPDIF and HDMI input with an other oppo 105D An other point will be to test the ESS 32...
Top Bottom