Search results

1. N

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

How well does this work with Android devices? I am interested in the unbalanced/3.5mm version E1DA 9038D. I bought a HIDISZ S8 and I have been mostly disappointed due to connection issues requiring a bunch of work arounds (even with USB debugging on). Or should I just get the Meizu Hifi Pro...
  2. N

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Does anyone else have issues on Android? It works on and off on my Samsung S20+. Firstly, there will get to a point about an hour or so in use that the phone disconnects and I lose audio on the phone. Reconnecting the S8 does nothing. Occasionally, it freezes/reboots. And also if I disconnect...
  3. N

Topping L30 HeadAMP

Did the channel imbalance on these get fixed or is it still an issue? Has there been another measurement with the production model?
  4. N

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Yes, I think with all things it's down the individuals system/situation. But I've read RCA issues on here, head-fi, as well as a youtube video so I figured it wasn't just one or two units being defective (which wouldn't worry me at all as it happens to all products), but rather a certain common...
  5. N

This seems pretty common across a lot of people using the Topping A90 RCA inputs. It seems XLR inputs is the only way to go with the Topping A90. How is the RCA output though? I am guessing as long as you use XLR inputs from the DAC to the A90 then the RCA to a power amp for speakers will have...
  6. N

Yeah I figured. I have just heard others saying that the single-ended output is an afterthought on these balanced amp designs and usually dip in quality compared to the XLR out. I suppose it does sound louder on XLR and maybe this is being perceived as an increase in fidelity, hence the single...
  7. N

How are the single ended outputs on these? Is the sound quality/signal different between what is being fed to the XLR or 4.4 output versus the 3.5mm output? I have been told the single ended output on these balanced amps usually fall short of the XLR output. These balanced headphone amps...
  8. N

Are you using the right VID and PID? If you go to events, it will give you the VID and PID for your specific device. You have to type those in order to get the firmware to install. Then you have to remove the DAC/Amp and replug it in and it will be called Bravo update or something like that...
  9. N

I'm having issues with my Samsung S20+. On a fresh restart, I can usually plug it in and get audio playing fine. Then, if I let it sit too long, it gets no audio. If I unplug and replug, I can similar issues. Also got one time where it was playing, but sounded very grainy and odd. It also...
  10. N

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

I am stuck between buying this DAC and the LA-QXD1 for the balanced inputs? I know the SINAD and dynamic range is higher on the M300 MKII than the LA-QXD1. Overall, is the M300 MKII better than the LA-QXD1? I'm still a newbie when it comes to reading graphs. Also, I don't require balanced...
  11. N

Topping E30 DAC Review

So does the E30 measure better than the D50s then? If you don't need bluetooth, what's the value of the D50s now? As a side note, Topping is updating their product line right? So likely we'll see a replacement for the D50s at some point?
Top Bottom