Search results

1. D

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

This completes the circle of disappointment that started when I found out that there's no way to turn the unit on and off from the front and no remote. Now we learn that the rca out may be just a pass through and the volume control isn't analogue despite the rca out. On top of it's unique...
  2. D

New Release : xDuoo XA-10 Balanced DAC & AMP

I corresponded with Xduoo to find out a bit more about the XA-10. It has no remote. This is a big disappointment for those of us who would need it to work as both a headphone amp and a full analogue preamp. It's surprising given that they already include an analogue input. Topping offers a...
  3. D

WolfX700 Measurements of Topping Pre90/Ext90 Preamplifier/ Extender

Thanks for the information. Would have been nice to keep them half width and same depth as pre90 - could have made a really nice stack. Any chance that Topping will design and develop a pure streamer (no dac, no hp amp) to match Pre90 or Ď30Pro... I'm quite sure there are many others like me...
  4. D

A question for John Yang: Will the A30/D30 stack neatly on the pre 90 i.e. are they half the width?
  5. D

I like the small dorm factor and don't need more than the current two analogue inputs since any dac is essentially a hub for other additional sources. So the option of an extender is also a smart solution for those who need it. Ì would say that even the combined price is reasonable if if it...
  6. D

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

Thanks, I could but I would then need to purchase the Pre 90 as well because I need the remote preamp function. This is both more expensive and space consuming. I'll have to keep looking. The Gustard H16 seemed like a potential solution until I learned that the on/off switch is on the back...
  7. D

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

Regarding the lower output reported above - could this be adjusted in the gain levels from the main menu? I have questions regarding the SP-400 as a preamplifier for my main system (speakers and headphones). Since SP-400 has only XLR out and my amplifiers (Crimson 630c) are single ended, I...
  8. D

GUSTARD H16 Balanced Headphone Amplifier

Thanks. Very strange that they would include a remote without on/off capability. I asked Shenzhenaudio.com and they said that the remote did turn it off and on but I wasn't convinced. Unfortunately, I won't have room to reach around the back. Regarding the sound, maybe the unit is transparent to...
  9. D

So how does it sound? Can you turn it on/off via the front panel and remote?
  10. D

Another question: can the hp amp turned off when using as a pre for speaker system?
  11. D

I like the fact that Gustard combined the HP amp with full remote controlled pre. Saves room, cost and cables. I was hoping Pre90 would do this but evidently not enough room to do both. Hope the H16 will deliver on sound. Does anybody know how many steps on the volume?
  12. D

Topping preamp

Another question for John. Will the series be operable from a single remote?
  13. D

Topping preamp

Another option is to use depth and height while keeping width to a minimum, like these Crimson amps from the UK.
  14. D

Topping preamp

Thank you for the quick reply. When used with A90, will it be possible to also drive external single ended amp? Can the volume on the A90 be bypassed in favor of the preamp's remote volume?
  15. D

Topping preamp

Another question for John Yang: will the preamplifier include a headphone output? In an earlier post you had compared the output power to A90 and other headphone amps but I may not have understood the context. For those of us who don't need a dedicated balanced hp amp this may be a welcome cost...
Top Bottom