Search results

1. S

Looking for Small Speakers with Low Hiss

When I was looking for small monitors for near-field at low volume, I eventually gave up on active monitors (studio and otherwise) in general, because of hiss. I ended up instead with Topping MX5 and LS50 Meta, calibrated with UMIK-2, REW and EqualizerAPO. I couldn't be happier! Because I never...
  2. S

Topping MX5, A new device?

I got mine 2 days ago and I'm very happy with it so far. It does have the high pitch noise when muted, but I won't be using that feature anyway.' I drive a pair of KEF LS50 Meta with the MX5, for nearfield use at my PC desk via TOSLINK. It is just ever so slightly warm, so cooling doesn't seem...
  3. S

Buffer size and Latency?

This is a really good analogy. Buffers are small, temporary storage of data, in this case audio data. Delay = Buffer size / Sample rate So, for instance, 96 KHz with a 4096 sample buffer size should give you: 4096 / 96000 = 0.04267 seconds, or 42.67 milliseconds of delay. Your computer should...
  4. S

Amplifier for LS50 Meta nearfield at low-moderate volume

The start-up jingle/sound is louder than the level I listen to music at. You don't need 230W of power per speaker to play at that volume. It is literately what it says on the paper I got back together with the speakers from the technician who fixed it. They replaced 2 capacitators that had...
  5. S

Amplifier for LS50 Meta nearfield at low-moderate volume

Hi, For the past 2 years, I've been using KEF LS50 Wireless (v1) as nearfield speakers at my computer desk, and with some UMIK-1, REWing and equalization, they sound really wonderful. However, I spend a lot of time at my desk, and I don't think the LS50W was designed for this kind of use with...
Top Bottom