Search results

1. A

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

So you would say the review is perfect ? I am asking the wrong questions ? One should perhaps not ask any questions, but just accept. I have mentioned 2 subjects, referring to other issues does not do much for these 2 afaik Hegel explain that the amp is clipping at level 98 when trying to...
  2. A

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Why is the review still out, when the Line outs could not provide more than 0.55 V, but were driven to 2 V ? And who in their right mind would set the volume knob at 98/100 when playing music ? How about testing it at 0.5 v output, or just delete the entire review ? Of course Hegel should...
  3. A

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

Some of what is regarded good loudspeakers have low sensitivity, but as a general reflection, high sensitivity is preferable. I do not mean PA systems, which sacrifice everything to get loud (typical 106-120db) High sensitivity produce less heat and more sound, moving systems tend to be lighter...
  4. A

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

IMG stageline STA-1000D Low input res, 5kohm and 10kohm on balanced input. Found review (?) here: https://rognlien.wordpress.com/2016/06/ english summary: This professional PA amplifier uses the same Pascal class D card as the fantastic Gato DIA-250. Obviously it’s more to it than just that...
  5. A

Denon AVR-X3500H AVR Review

So: Regarding poor measurements NOT affecting sound quality nor decision to recommend or not recommend any product: 1: You never had this discussion before. 2: You have had it before, but have not reached any conclusion. 3: You have discussed it, and concluded that it can in general: be...
  6. A

i generally conclude that if something measures poorly, it must perform poor as well. Thats just me. What else is the point ? And these are not Tube Amps For the standby mode, i have no comment. It is in general, just a bad idea. Plus: you can still get instant on, if you use remote...
  7. A

Its a mystery why not at least one of these companies, on the bottom of the charts, study the measurements and see if there is anything that can be done to get better results. They could use this in marketing, i mean if they say: "we listened to our customers and decided it was time to improve...
  8. A

That must be with the cannons, the 1812. I dont listen much to that type of music, although i have a Telarc CD with some dude playing Bach on a big organ, and its so silent you can hear wind in the mic on the quiet passages, where Bach prays to God, and then if you leave the volume high, its...
  9. A

Thanks for your help, i have enjoyed those links. I was Just looking for pre out and atmos, i have 2 ASP 1000 monoblocks doing nothing right now, i think will power the main speakers quite well, and that will put less strain on those 7x31 watts (!) But after reading the 3500H review here, i...
  10. A

Yes, but i am not looking for an online review in What HiFi or Stereophile, instead i am looking for a SINAD measurement and THD+N at 5 watts I also read online NAD t758v3 reviews that was praising its qualities, without mentioning anything measured on this forum. Edit: I see they are actually...
  11. A

You could review Yamaha RX-V685 , as it is 499.95 on Amazon, and one of the very few cheap new amps with pre out on front channels + Atmos Also because i am thinking of buying one :) https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V685-7-2-Channel-Receiver-MusicCast/dp/B07BZZCHGN "Boldly explores...
Top Bottom