Search results

1. E

Diy 3-Way Compact Monitor Vs 2-Way , Pros+Cons of each design.

If you go with plan B (Woofer+ Coaxial Driver) I would suggest KEF co-axials. Right now you can buy a new pair of KEF Q150s from Amazon for $350. IIRC they use the 12th generation of the co-axial. They don't have MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology), but IMO otherwise are the best...
  2. E

Diy 3-Way Compact Monitor Vs 2-Way , Pros+Cons of each design.

You might find this thread an interesting read: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/the-ultimate-small-speaker-the-reference-mini-post-mortem-thread.340260/
  3. E

WiiM Amp discussion

There's an interesting thread about USB support at the Wii forums: LINK. From post #95: "As I mentioned above, before Chinese New Year they were testing a new version of the App interface for scanning the USB. So I would suggest wait a week or 2 and see what is release. The TestFlight version I...
  4. E

Budget Directiva Project

I stopped following the original Directiva project when they decided on the Purifi driver, but this thread has my attention. Will be interesting to see what you think of the SIG-180. Dayton Audio does provide a distortion graph for it. They (unfortunately) don't specify the test conditions...
  5. E

Monoprice Monolith Encore T5 speaker, listening impressions of a cheapskate

This is a bit late since the T5 $90/speaker sale is over, but anyone who did buy them may find this information interesting. I disassembled one of my T5 speakers and analyzed the components. See the attachment for my results: Driver data including frame measurements, measured Thiele-Small...
  6. E

Monoprice Monolith Encore T5 speaker, listening impressions of a cheapskate

I bought a pair and plan on doing a teardown. I did get a surprise when I used pink noise to break them in: the top mid-woofer moved a lot more (twice as much?) as the two bottom woofers. I'm wondering if they're 4 ohm drivers and the bottom two are in series. Won't know for sure until I get...
  7. E

Unbranded ADC from eBay - measurements

Thanks for posting the PCB pictures. I’ve ordered one and plan on trying some mods to improve the performance. It looks like the ADC chip is a Cirrus Logic (or copy) CS5340. I’m guessing that R3/C8 and R4/C9 are first order filters for the inputs instead of using the recommended op amp. My first...
Top Bottom