Search results

1. D

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Flawless upgrade from firmware version 1.44 to 1.5 on my Mac Mini M1.
  2. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Any recommendations for a great amp that can deliver those dynamic piano transients? As a Benchmark AHB2 owner myself I'm always interested in learning more.
  3. D

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

In EU you have 14 days to return an item from the day you received it.
  4. D

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

Agreed, you only get an additional +3 dB of headroom on a 2 Ohm setup for (almost) the same SINAD.
  5. D

Purifi vs. Pascal - What is going on?

Because the environment was unchanged and the amp was the only physical variable I had previously changed. When you don't have someone else to help, blind ABX testing isn't possible, so this was the best I could do, and I was still able to reach a conclusion that ultimately improved my setup. I...
  6. D

Purifi vs. Pascal - What is going on?

Back in 2015 I purchased the NAD M22 (v1), but after a while I realised that I was spending less time listening to music. I simply felt less involved/engaged. In 2017 I decided to purchase a Benchmark AHB2 to see if it made any difference. Using a pair of Tannoy Canterbury GR speakers I...
  7. D

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Whatever noise is coming out of the preamp out will be amplified, so maybe the problem is with the Denon. Do you have any other power amps to try with the Denon or another preamp to try with the C298? Is the hum affected by the preamp volume level or is it constant?
  8. D

Does a device exist that can do…...

Ah, yes I'm not aware of any BACCH plugins for that platform, only a $10 ambio plugin. Immersive audio is certainly an exciting field, so I might look into it at a later date. Back when I was deeply into headphones, almost a decade ago, I tried everything, various crossfeed plugins using...
  9. D

You're right, except that the MiniDSP SHD only has 4 output channels which isn't enough for my current 2.2 setup. Currently, synchronized playback to multiple SHD Series processors is not supported, so adding an extra SHD unit is not an option. I'm sorry for not mentioning my sub channels in my...
  10. D

The difference in processing time between my DACs exceeds the rather limited maximum delay of 30 ms that MiniDSP SHD supports, so I have no way of using it for time aligning my speaker drivers. In addition MiniDSP SHD only supports a handful of parametric filters per channel, which is...
  11. D

@Sir Sanders Zingmore Your use case resembles my own, except that I don't need the A/D conversion since I use a PC for audio playback. I haven't bought the hardware yet as I'm still trying to figure out the best approach, but currently I'm considering the following: PC -> (toslink) -> MiniDSP...
  12. D

I soldered some RCA connectors to a pair of speaker cables I had lying around. It was a bit of a pain since the wire was thicker than what is normally used for RCA connectors.
  13. D

Hi Giuseppe. This is also my first post as I just registered in order to reply to your question. I happen to have a Benchmark AHB2 that until recently was used to power my Tannoy Canterbury GR speakers. It's a great combination, and I've never had the amp run out of steam on these speakers...
Top Bottom