Search results

1. T

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Not sure how many owners there are here but there a ton of happy owners over in the owners thread on avsforum. See for yourself here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3112176-official-monoprice-monolith-htp-1-owners-thread.html If you want Dirac and need 16 channels...
  2. T

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

At some point one of the threads I was following there vaporized. Perhaps there were multiple threads on the topic and the mods did some housekeeping.
  3. T

Is it reasonable that enabling Dolby upmixing would reintroduce the same jitter back into the signal path? Was that scenario tested?
  4. T

Why can't you program your macro as an activity to send a power on command to all the devices you want to turn on and then select input appropriate for the activity (after a short pause)?
  5. T

I'm not so sure about that. If this review was posted on the emotivalounge it would have likely been sanitized like all the commentary that was posted there after this review had come out. If you had limited your public response to acknowledging the review and promising to research its...
  6. T

@amirm, if Monoprice could address the jitter issue and worked with you to resolve HDMI issue that was preventing you from testing it would that be enough to upgrade your your final impression to a headed panther?
  7. T

Well Russ, it seems Sancus is a big fan of room correction. You are clearly less than a big fan. Different strokes for different folks.
  8. T

How about your house? You always have the option to return it if you don't like it.
  9. T

May I ask what AVP/AVR you are running in your MCH system?
  10. T

Not everyone is OK with their room looking like the inside of a cubicle either! The last thing I need at home is a reminder of what it feels like to be at work. Lol.
  11. T

I agree room treatments should be your first stop before fiddling with RC but not everyone is OK with their room looking like an anechoic chamber.
  12. T

General question about ASR Reviews

Has criteria been quantitatively defined for how a headless vs headed pink panther figurine is awarded? I believe more than just the measurement performance goes into it. Since the focus of this site is on audio science I'd like to think there is a formula of some kind behind it. Thanks in...
  13. T

Lonnie said they expect to have a beta ready today. *Edit* it was dlaufman (Big Dan) that promised the beta fw update, not Lonnie.
  14. T

@amirm do you still have the RMC-1? Can you retest with the new firmware?
  15. T

Has criteria been quantitatively defined for how a headless vs headed pink panther figurine is awarded? (I'm not looking to argue the RMC-1 should have received a headed panther.)
  16. T

Amen Magnus, amen! Bias the measurements over the range that we can hear them, under the circumstances we are likely to encounter them during typical use. Also limit all comparisons to equipment with a similar use case. I understand and appreciate Amir's mission but the focus should be on...
  17. T

Yes. Similar to the PCM detection setting that Amir missed adjusting prior to taking his measurements there could be some setting that is ill-configured for testing purposes. Monoprice was able to obtain measurements with similar hardware so it's clearly possible. A link to the manual might...
  18. T

Why not reach out to Monoprice for help?
Top Bottom