Search results

1. S

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

How do you "treat" an op-amp?
  2. S

But do you or do you not have incredible ears?
  3. S

Now what am I supposed to do with my $500 PSU? /s
  4. S

I suggest alcohol as an alternative to this power issue. Listen to the SU-1 sober. Realize you don't like it. Get absolutely hammered. Listen to SU-1 again. Trust me, it will sound better.
  5. S

Completely unnecessary and would have the product worse imo. A single port for power and data is good.
  6. S

Nobody cares. Move on. It's a $80 DAC ffs that's one of the best.
  7. S

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I don't have the Sabaj amp but it will work. I have a TA-01B which uses 12V DC and a RME ADI-2 DAC FS which uses 9-15V DC (I personally use the 15V for this one) and both work this way. Basically, what you need is a DC power source - either a charger or power bank which can output your desired...
  8. S

But it's DC so I don't have to use it. I can use a USB C PD charger + USB PD to 15v DC cable.
  9. S

Alright I really can't tell the difference between SU-1 and C100 no matter how hard I try :(
  10. S

Like they say - When in doubt, buy a DAC.
  11. S

I already have a TCA HPA-10 that I am using with a 5V USB to DC Connector. I got this because it is more powerful but this is useless for my purposes (transportable setup) unless I want to lug the power brick too. It's not even switching so can't use in 120V countries. Also, the retailer I...
  12. S

I had bought a Topping L30ii to run it off USB C PD with something like this. After getting it, I just realized it takes 15V AC and not DC. This is stupid and the first time I am encountering this in an amp like this. Pretty much everything else takes DC. Is there any way to salvage the...
  13. S

Ok I went a little deeper. According to the Spec Sheets, the higher tier Nichicon Fine Gold is actually only rated for -40C to 85C while both Lelon and Chemi-con are rated for -40C to 105C. Also, endurance wise, the Nichicon Fine Gold is rated for 1000 Hours while both Lelon and Chemi-con are...
  14. S

New SMSL C-100 DAC

It has standby and can be turned off using a tweaked driver app.
  15. S

I can't open up my C100 because the screws seems to be very tight for some reason.
  16. S

This is what SMSL C100 has. This is what the Youtube Reviewer got. This is what I got. I think I should stop going deeper into the rabbit hole.
  17. S

New SMSL C-100 DAC

Alright turns out the caps inside SU-1 can be a lottery. My unit came with Chemi-con KMQ Series caps. But this youtuber got lower tier Lelon caps.
  18. S

Capacitor Lottery in SMSL SU-1? This video shows the caps inside the DAC to be Lelon capacitors. It's a low tier capacitor according to these 2 resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9-pQ-K05Q https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supplies-101,4193-5.html I just opened up my...
  19. S

New SMSL C-100 DAC

Sonically, both are identical. C100 has more features: Remote Control. More Filters to choose from. Bluetooth Input. Nichicon Caps on C100 vs Generic Z Caps on SU-1 but I doubt this matters much if at all. SMSL SU-1 does not advertise CK03 clock but inspecting the PCBs on both, I think it is...
  20. S

New SMSL C-100 DAC

THD+N 1dB worse than SU-1?
Top Bottom