Search results

1. A

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

I tried updating using these steps as well. The only thing that happened was that my USB driver reverted to 1.05. Nowhere can I see that an upgrade to ver 2.01 has happened.
  2. A

You make an interesting point here. What's missing in this comparison is what Tidal would sound like if passed through the Apodizing filter. We didn't do that because we assumed that MQA would be superior. In Roon, let me configure the M500 as having no MQA support and then see how it sounds...
  3. A

No measurements here, please don't shoot me. Have had the M500 for a week now, and tried it in various configurations. The TL;DR version is: Sounds best in the following config: FLAC/ Qobuz -> Roon (ROCK) -> Node2i (Ethernet) -> Coax -> M500 -> Amp. Every configuration where one of the upstream...
  4. A

In case you have a Harmony universal remote, you'll find the codes for this DAC/ Amp there.
  5. A

Review and Measurements of Cambridge DacMagic Plus

Hi, I was recently trying to compare the outputs of the Bluesound Node 2i and Dacmagic Plus using the same source (Roon on a QNAP NAS). At first, when I compared the Node 2i DAC output to the Dacmagic Plus DAC output fed by a Toslink from the Node 2i, I could hear no difference. I couldn't even...
  6. A

Thanks. I guess this is what I'm struggling with. If I just listen to the M500 in isolation, it might sound great. I'll have no way of reliably comparing it, unless it is in my chain of components at home. Unfortunately, this particular model isnt available here to try. Thats why I'm taking the...
  7. A

Thanks. I would have tried if I could. Unfortunately, this particular model is not available on Amazon in India. I planned to pick it up on Amazon in the US next week. While in the US, I have no reference to compare it to. So I'm not in a position to take a call based on my ears.
  8. A

Hi, am seriously considering this as an external DAC to the Bluesound Node 2i streamer in a loudspeaker setup (not headphones). Do you think it will make a substantial difference compared to the internal DAC in the Node 2i, or is this just upgradeitis? Here's what I know doesn't make a...
Top Bottom