Search results

1. P

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

Tell her you're thinking of buying a motorcycle
  2. P

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

I'll be polite (why do these guys always have Klipsh) but I do want to lol at about 2:07 or so when the camera is blatantly shaking 90 degrees off angle from the supposed subwoofer vibration I always liked vids like this to show what actual subwoofer vibration looks like
  3. P

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

The answer to the OP's question is 'right until the owner's son discovers metal'
  4. P

Fallout on Amazon

I'm going to wait until a few more mods come out, it feels wrong jumping into a Bethesda product without enabling sexy Deathclaws
  5. P

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

The woofers themselves are listed at '83.3dB 2.83V/1m' so it wouldn't take much crossover shaping to pull the whole speaker down into the 70s. I am curious about the heat soak issue restorer-john mentions.
  6. P

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

The thing about Dayton Audio / PE is that some of their drivers and low level components are nice, trustworthy, solid values for the cost/MOQ but an awful lot of the other non-speaker stuff they sell is cheap / rebranded junk. That's fine for a bag of wood screws or a soldering lamp or...
  7. P

Your latest cool purchase

This poor woman is going to end up thrown out of the Guitar Center
  8. P

A Call For Humor!

It's the Navy, they're not exactly all riflemen. I saw many many people fail the shotgun qual, which didn't even include a target. The most deadly handheld weapon I was ever issued was an extending stick, and I didn't even get a pointy one.
  9. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Odd, I find they usually prefer the glutes
  10. P

You know, I've bought plenty of cheap Tekton hand tools off Amazon and I thought they were fine. Certainly none looked like a weird 6-socket-bit spider
  11. P

The stuff y'all are thinking of are way lower level and are applied by the states, not the Feds, so there is more nuance / variation. Certainly state constitutions and laws were written with Federal laws and the Constitution in mind, but no, this is not how the Constitution works
  12. P

Constitutional protections apply to protect you from the Federal government, not private actors
  13. P

This isn't true at all. IANAL and avoiding politics: - Libel and slander laws exist for good reasons and people / orgs you like have used them, for better or worse, from both sides. They also have a strong deterrent effect against worse mischief. - The US has very defendant-friendly laws on...
  14. P

I thought about this because it sounds like the kind of thing you sometimes find on PA speakers intended for pole mount. But in general those are clearly intended for pole mount, and even then, IIRC they come with threaded plugs.
  15. P

Feel it in the chest track.

Modern movie SFX tend to have a lot of synthed, boosted sub bass. That to me is always less 'feel it in the chest' and more 'feel it in the large intestine'
  16. P

Feel it in the chest track.

Keep in mind the 'feel it in the chest' frequencies, i.e. around the kick drum, are a lot higher than you may realize It's getting a bit aged and it doesn't have the low bass but this is my go-to kick-bin track NIN's Closer is obviously another classic pantleg-flapper If you just want to...
  17. P

Dayton knock down speaker cabinets

I assumed Denovo was just Erich?
  18. P

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Yeah, those are an extremely well-known scam that people for some reason keep feeding
  19. P

Your latest cool purchase

I won't say outright this shouldn't qualify for a 'cool things' thread, but it's certainly cutting it close
  20. P

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I will say, I don't like how the website shows renders of speakers, instead of actual speakers... makes it effectively impossible to evaluate the finishes. I know you guys know what piano black looks like, but I'm more curious about the more wood-y ones.
Top Bottom