Search results

1. M

MOTU M4 Loopback Measurements

In Windows, after installing the driver, it's seen as two stereo devices, so you'd have to select one. I use the M4 in Linux, where as a class compliant device it is seen as a 4-channel device. I believe it's also so on MacOS. I use a virtual device to duplicate a stereo signal into 4-channel...
  2. M

MOTU M4 interest?

As a class compliant device it is seen as a 4-channel device, in Linux and apparently also in MacOS. In Windows it's two 2 channel devices, so choosing one is trivial. In Linux I use a virtual stereo device that duplicates the stereo signal to quad, channels 1/2+3/4. Could you perhaps use the...
  3. M

This would require some kind of reference card, such as a high-end RME. However, from the specs of Motu M4: DAC: ES9016 SABRE32 Ultra DAC ADC: AKM AK5552VN Preamp: THAT Corp 6263 preamplifier The ADC has a THD+N of -106 dB and the DAC -110 dB. If by various levels you mean volume levels, in...
  4. M

I wrote a review about the Motu M4 from a Linux user's perspective, along with some practical specs and info which I couldn't find anywhere else, if someone is interested: link to the review (my personal blog). Unlike apparently some people, I didn't have to do anything to my kernel which is a...
  5. M

MOTU M4 interest?

I wrote a somewhat extensive review about the M4 (link to review, my personal blog) from a Linux user perspective, in case someone else is interested. I listed some specs and info which I didn't find anywhere else and did some measurements (for example, THD+N -103 dB loopback) and checked...
Top Bottom