Search results

1. L

Looking for dongle recommendation for low volume listening

Google adapter https://www.amazon.com/Google-Headphone-Adapter-Type-C-Phones/dp/B07J28BYT9/
  2. L

Your latest cool purchase

Just got Ralph's Club for thirty dollars too - Walgreens special
  3. L

what are your industrial design favorites?

Nothing fancy - 80s Kenwood frontend design. Very industrial look to my taste.
  4. L

Headphone Amplifier for SMSL SU-1

Completely agree. I've read good reviews of SMSL SU-1, but cannot compare it to DX1 as i don't own SU-1. I own Topping DX1: DAC with Headphone Amp - highly recommend if you can live without SPDIF inputs (especially if it's on sale). Versatile, compact, inexpensive quality solution for any IEM...
  5. L

How to choose cables ?

Not sure how the subject switched to Mogami brand from original question - how to choose cables for the speakers?
  6. L

How to choose cables ?

Please read this review by @amirm : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/when-12-gauge-wire-is-not-12-gauge.3/
  7. L

The most iconic 90s movies

Leon: The Professional (1994)
  8. L

The most iconic 90s movies

Jurassic Park (1993)
  9. L

The most iconic 80s movies

Predator (1987)
  10. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Including option with 48V Power Adaptor for $16 more - $88
  11. L

SR-71 meets Concorde

MiG-25 ? ;)
  12. L

Recommend a small inexpensive (dongle) USB DAC-amp or just DAC

If you don't mind to buy from Ali and wait little bit - i would wait for 11-11 sale. Last year i got Topping DX1 with 25% off with coupon. I also have FiiO KA3 (compact solid heavy build with balanced out) - even after firmware update and playing with FiiO App setting - I prefer sound of DX1...
  13. L

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

You still have to pay tax even if you buy from shop site plus if your shipment lost or delivered to wrong address - you are on your own. So many times i could not get refund from alix when item had been misplaced by delivery company. For that reason, I prefer Amazon now.
  14. L

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Plus if item delivered to wrong address buy mistake - you will not win with them, with Amazon or their affiliate Woot - different story.
  15. L

What are we listening to right now..

Jacob Gurevitsch | Lovers in Paris
  16. L

Thrift Shop (Vintage "Grandpa Style" Macklemore Cover) feat. Robyn Adele Anderson
  17. L

The Teskey Brothers-Half Mile Harvest(FULL ALBUM)
  18. L

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

I compared the song on High Gain in both - yeah, it is different. Maybe, just maybe, 6.5mm was considered for full-size headphones and 3.5mm for IEM? (as I had to add more volume for 3.5mm, I didn't use anything fancy - old CAL! and modded Koss KSC75)
  19. L

SMSL Q5 Pro DAC And Stereo Amplifier Review

I still use my old I still use my old SMSL Q5 Pro (got it for $42 on clearance) - little weak on watts but work just fine with little speakers for near field non-critical listening. This is what I've done to make it stable and to make it to work with LG TV: - replaced external 19V power...
  20. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

- with 32V Power Adapter regular price of $80 with 36V Power Adapter
Top Bottom