Search results

1. M

2.1 Desktop Setup Amp+Subwoofer Recommendations

Thanks, now I understand. I wasn't aware that the SVS had an integrated highpass filter and was confused. I thought it would just passthrough the signal without any processing. Any thoughts on alternatives to miniDSP to hook up the elac sub like the Dayton Audio DSP-408, freeDSP or parts from...
  2. M

What do you mean by "same future", the highpass filter of the Elac can be set to 80 but what do you mean by "throughlow level I/O"? The DAC is attached to the PC but the PC has no multi channel audio card.
  3. M

For me it would only provide an ability to manage the crossover but cost me almost as much as the speakers. EQing is possible from the source. It sounds like a usefull device but It seems expensive and a new amp a better value proposition. I hope you can understand me here but it is on my...
  4. M

That's pretty much what I thought, the SVS would make things easy and I don't need an DSPing because my source+eqAPO can do it. But what if I wanted the Elac sub because I think its a better deal? I would at least need a 1 in 2 out splitter or a new amp with sub out?
  5. M

I thought about that too getting 2 of the cheapest ELAC subs instead but they only go down to 50Hz so it would be more of midwoofers? Won't go down to low organ range, even the SVS SB1000 or 3030 don't go far enough but are the best within my budget range
  6. M

The amp is an old denon from the 2000s, it is not good but decent and does funky retro tech things. The DAC is the lifeme Hifi Audio Pro, the Meizu Hifi Pro successor, I don't have a dedicated desktop DAC just a collection of many dongles.
  7. M

I don't even know what it does, I looked at it a few times but what is it? Is it a small EQ box or does it more? I could use an EQ on the PC
  8. M

I'm (EU) trying to improve my desktop/listening room setup and bought Elac dbr62s and KEF LS50s to try them both and sell the one I don't like but I have limited knowledge of speakers as I'm coming from a passion for headphones. I decided on the Elac dbr62s as they seem to be the best for the...
  9. M

Kef LS50 OG for 475€ - a steal or still overpriced?

Thanks , I just never heard of this solution. Do you happen to have a recommendation? Not sure which mini sub I should get for that. Really thankful for your help
  10. M

Can you elaborate why 2? In the past a single sub was always recommended to me and besides 1 pair of speakers with integrated subs I never tried 2 subs
  11. M

Maybe I shou Thanks, probably gonna hook them up to my old sub/surround system then to get the most out of them until I get a decent new sub. What would be your go to upgrade from something mid range in sound to something more higher end? I looked at the Neumanns like the KH80 and Kef R3 which...
  12. M

I'm running the speakers in the living room from a smartphone turned smart home/media center plugged into a DAC plugged into an amp, EQ is no problem. It is a good advice, others have also said that. I just needed a second pair of speakers so I can use my T5Vs at my desk again. Next step is a...
  13. M

This is good advise, I'm eyeing the R3 for some time now too but my SO would kill me. They are probably the upgrade plan after selling some old stuff. I just need a second pair of speakers right now that don't break the bank so I can use the T5Vs back at my desk again after moving.
  14. M

son video in france, I've been fighting scammers and closing their accounts on ebay kleinanzeigen for a week now until someone within the community send me the link there Edit: Would also be willing to help you get them to you but customs and taxes would probably make it unviable
  15. M

I'm mainly looking to replace the T5Vs so I can use them at my desk again and use the LS50s for the living room hooked up to my denon.
  16. M

So I was looking for some new speakers sub 1000 € in the EU and kinda settled on the LS50. I liked their sound last time I heard them and they are currently on sale for 475 € a pair on son video in France because the slightly better and improved LS50 Meta got released. My short question now...
  17. M

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

You could just use an attentuator like these ifi mates or how they are called or build one yourself. Solderdude made a tutorial on his website.
  18. M

Tempotec sonata hd pro + UAPP volume issue

Maybe it's an issue with the volume adjustment on the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. The Tempotec has 2 different volume controls, 1 software and 1 for the hardware volume buttons on it. If you only use the software volume control you get like only 17 or so steps, meaning that you have to change your...
  19. M

Building custom headphones...

I've been building custom headphones for many years now and I would encourage you to not use Grado style cups like the ones you linked. If you use a more common design like Vini you can have way more influence on the tonal balance etc.. I would also encourage you to use electrical tape around...
  20. M

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

I want to discourage you from using the Hidizs S8/Tempotac Sonata HD Pro with a Schiit Magni 3. You can use them together but in my case I get an annoying static noise whenever I skip a song or start/stop playing a video. It is most likely due to the automatic impedance detection of the device...
Top Bottom