Search results

1. Y

Snakeoil Co. - Kemp Elektroniks

The Maxiimus P16 that maximizes the natural energy in my home and "repolarises underground water lines and other geopathic disturbances" actually immensely improved the sound quality in my listening room. Even my wife commented on the obvious expanse in soundstage and separation. ;)
  2. Y

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

That’s what threw me off because the distortion harmonics appear to be limited to ~ -110 to -120db, based on the graph, but then the -90db sine wave looks hideous. That’s why I thought the low-level wave was insightful but I could very well be misinterpreting the data as I have much to learn.
  3. Y

go I was checking out by he following review because the Sabre 9018 was my first DAC I bought a few years ago and I am trying to compare the measurements to some much higher quality DACs I have my eyes on...
  4. Y

Thanks. SINAD wasn't covered in that particular review so I do not have a reference point there. Just that the two DACS had overlapping performance but one had a much smoother low-level sine wave when compared.
  5. Y

@amirm In another DAC review you provided a comparison showing resolution of "a very low level sine wave at -90 db." I found it informative and wonder why you do not include it for subsequent reviews, including this one. Or is it not really that beneficial?
  6. Y

D90 + MM THX 887 or D50s + Quicksilver Tube Amp.

@Tks Thank you for the detailed response. You solidified my suspicions and the conclusions of my general research. I will look into some of those recommendations. I realize at some point there is a great diminishing return on specifications versus audible differences. I will probably save the...
  7. Y

I did not see any answers to my questions in the ASR Manifesto, but I get your point. Perhaps I was trying to address too many thoughts into one post. I am leaning towards the D90/THX combo, as I value transparency -- that's why I am here. However, the Quicksilver Amp shows some promising...
  8. Y

As the title suggests, I am at odds with an endgame headphone setup (if there is such a thing) between the two choices above. On the one hand we have what is arguably the cleanest and most transparent setup versus something that might be clean but also a bit more “fun.” I am drawn to the...
  9. Y

Advice for headphones under $200

I bought the ATH-M50's when they first came out and have been incredibly happy with them since (probably 8 years ago). I do not know if the M50x's are substantially similar but worth a try in my opinion.
Top Bottom