Search results

1. musictracer

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

Hey there IronPyrite! How's the weather like in Seattle? I hope you are not planning moving to the EU anytime soon :)
  2. musictracer

I think that returning the speakers was a good thing to do indeed. And I am not referring to the hiss or the heat you got rid of as you mentioned, but to something you didn't mention and it is probably more critical. That is the electricity bill . You see that heat you experienced is a proof of...
  3. musictracer

Hey just came back to add an interesting post that Bob Katz posted yesterday that validates my claim about "flat" being a misunderstood concept but takes it even one step further: So it's clear that not only two renowned flat pairs of monitors sound different in two different, yet decently...
  4. musictracer

Sure, that would be useful too. The smaller the speaker, the harder the process. But once you get it to sound good there, it will translate to other systems too. Maybe you misread my comment. I said "many", not "all" yamaha speakers. :) As for the hs line, the hs8 is the only one of the three...
  5. musictracer

No problem at all! Sonarworks have been criticized by many other audiophiles as well from time to time anywise. The only reason I referred to this particular assumption of theirs is that in my case it was validated 100%. The hs5 is a great speaker. Producers like Ott swear by them. Actually he...
  6. musictracer

Yes, all the way up to 1khz. I can sense the difference with the klasiks2020 in that specific mid range region. There is an interesting explanation that sonarworks gave as to why Nakamura (the designer of the renowned ns10's) decided to go with such a design. After analyzing their performance in...
  7. musictracer

Generally I would say they worth the money they cost for sure, probably even a lot more as many owners confirm. They are very good quality made speakers , handmade in Poland, built like tanks and utilizing the renowned Seas twitter drivers. Τhe vast majority of the people using them are praising...
  8. musictracer

I second that! I have these speakers for about 2 years now. I was participating in the Gearspace topic you are refering to as well. It is really strange if not suspicious that the topic disappeared as soon as Gearspace change its name from Gearslutz. They never replied to my email as to why the...
  9. musictracer

Yamaha HS5 Powered Monitor Review

Ok, mission complete!. I went for the sonarworks xref20 eventually and don't regret it at all! Even if it is indeed the same as the ecm8000 , it definitelly worths the extra 20€ for the calibration file. (You can check it in the measurements attached) Bellow you can see a few pictures of the...
  10. musictracer

Exactly, I am not doubting Behringer as a company. The x32 consoles - and probably the new wing ones - as well as the synth replicas they currently produce are great pieces of gear especially when considering the price. But as you mentioned a dedicated cal file might be essential these days...
  11. musictracer

Yes, I was considering that as well, but there are a few reviews claiming it is exactly the same mic as the behringer ecm8000, only with an extra calibration file. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is a but mic of course. Also I've seen professionals using the prm1 by presonus. No cal file...
  12. musictracer

I think I would like to avoid the Behringer one and opt for something a little more qualitative. One the other hand, the EMX-7150 looks perfect but quite costy for my needs. Your link for the EMM-6 is something I had looked up when you first suggested it, but there is a 2/5 star review on this...
  13. musictracer

Ok, so I attempted to take the measurement today, but realized that the mic grill has a certain distance from the diaphragm, thus making it impossible to assure a distance within the 6mm between the dustcap and the capsule. At this point I think the best solution would be to purchase a...
  14. musictracer

WOW! Thanks so much for your detailed guidance! Will come back after measurement! :-)
  15. musictracer

Ok, thanks! I am not sure how to do this but I hope I will figure out. I may ask for your assistance as soon as I take the measurements.
  16. musictracer

Oh, Ok! Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying ! Ok, in this case I think your estimation was pretty close! It is hard to get an accurate measurement as the center of the rubber surround is not so clear to spot, neither is the exact diameter axis (the one that passes over the center spot of...
  17. musictracer

Great information!Your assistance is much appreciated! I am not sure I am getting everything you wrote right, but regardless, I hope that I will be able to take a shot with the method you proposed, soon. Just a clarification. The hs5s don't feature any woofer dustcap. Should I only take care to...
  18. musictracer

Nice work!. Well it is obvious that in the area of interest (500-1000 hz) there is an equal boost over the spectrum with your filter applied, so the mic doesn't seem to interfere much in terms of relativity of different frequencies level (again, in that particular area). Furthermore it is...
  19. musictracer

I have them for over two years now. They both sound similar so it is not a matched pair issue. Most likely it is a faulty batch. The ones you linked is the bit pricier new edition which guaranties matched frequency response. But that's not my case as they seem more or less matched. I didn't...
  20. musictracer

No, no walls, or large reflecting surfaces. The floor definitely gets involved, but I placed a pillow to reduce the mid freq interference. Nevertheless, I doubt this interference can justify such a significant response deviation. I have taken measurements in the past in my - smaller - mixing...
Top Bottom