Search results

1. Count Arthur

World's larges engine

2 stroke is not uncommon in large diesel engines, the one that Amir showed in the first post may well be 2 stroke.
  2. Count Arthur

2000-3000$ Budget for new studio monitors

You can use them at greater distances, but the further away you are, the more power you'll need for same volume at the listening position. Smaller active monitors may be limited, by the power of the internal amplifier, physics, or by the electronics, in order to protect them from damage. Which...
  3. Count Arthur

World's larges engine

There are some interesting engines out there:
  4. Count Arthur

This one: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ik-multimedia-iloud-precision-mtm They seem to come out quite well, with some concerns about the D’Appolito configuration and the need to have them correctly positioned, but that goes for all monitors really. Also the ARC room correction included...
  5. Count Arthur

I didn't actually look at the frequency analyser for those two. However, in my set-up, I can switch the sub in and out to compare with and without while a track is playing. It should be noted that I have some room correction going on as well: This will still be in place when I bypass the...
  6. Count Arthur

One thing to be aware of with the MA1, is that it only works with certain Neumann models, so if you want to add a subwoofer later, it will also need to be a Neumann. As I already had a Dynaudio sub, I went a different route...
  7. Count Arthur

I have a pair of KH 150s with a sub, a Dynaudio 18s, which I can bypass and how much the sub adds, really depends on the music/track. With music that has a lot of really low bass rumble, the sub makes a significant difference, however, there's a surprising amount of music that really doesn't...
  8. Count Arthur

I was going to suggest the Genelec 8050, or the Neumann KH 150, as they would just about be in with budget in the EU/UK, but it seems they are a bit more expensive in the US. Might be worth looking out for some demo deals though...
  9. Count Arthur

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Glad to hear you're OK and hope you make a speedy recovery.
  10. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

Had I known such a thing existed, I would have gone that route. :facepalm: Now I have it up and running, I'll see how I get on with the Wi-Fi sockets, but I will know what to look for if they are problematic. :)
  11. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

I actually tried a couple, BlueStack and NoxPlayer they both caused a BSOD during installation. :oops:
  12. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

Unfortunately, I didn't think about wanting to use Windows, before buying the plug. I sort of assumed that as it was wi-fi, it would be available from a PC. Well it is, but it was a bit more of a faff to set up than I was expecting - lesson learned. :)...
  13. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

I didn't want to use a phone or tablet. What I want to be able to do is power on the coffee machine in the Kitchen from my office, so that I can allow a few minutes for it to get up to temperature before I actually go and make coffee. If I'm in the office, I'll be sat at the PC anyway, so I...
  14. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

Thanks for your suggestions chaps. I've actually managed to get something working - but what a palaver! 1. Install the Meross smart plug Android app, and add all my details and enter the e-mail verification code. 2. Install a Samsung account app, once again giving it a whole bunch of...
  15. Count Arthur

Smart Plugs

I'm not sure this is the best area to put this in, but here goes. Does anyone know of a wi-fi smart plug that can be controlled with a windows application and doesn't need an Apple or Android phone or tablet to operate it? I want to be able to operate a plug in order to turn my coffee machine...
  16. Count Arthur

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

I've had a pair for a month or two. I'll give Amir's EQ settings a go, but I've been quite happy with the sound as they are straight out of the box. With the velour pads, they are the most comfortable over-ears I've tried, although that isn't a huge number. They are the only headphones I've...
  17. Count Arthur

A Call For Humor!

Try 5: I still use ye olde safety razors:
  18. Count Arthur

ATC speakers / Monitors

I'm not sure that's correct: https://musicandmiscellany.com/2023/01/03/secrets-of-the-neumann-kh150/ https://www.neumann.com/globalassets/digizuite/37633-en-sound_and_recording_5_22_neumann-kh150_en.pdf
  19. Count Arthur

what are your industrial design favorites?

If you like odd little cars, check out Aging Wheels. I'm not a car person, but I find his videos very entertaining: More here: https://www.youtube.com/@agingwheels/videos
  20. Count Arthur

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

$370K and it sounds just as good as a CD - Result! :) Fun fact, I once visited the Wilson Benesch factory in Sheffield back in the 90s, shortly after they first started. :)
Top Bottom