Search results

1. P

Alcons?

Hello, I haven't seen much talk about Alcons speakers for home theater/audio and I'm curious if anybody here has experience with them. There are some bold claims being made on other forums but I haven't seen measurements like those that are posted on this site. Given the tall ribbon driver in...
  2. P

Why so few flush mounted speakers?

I'm talking about building a baffle wall and flush mounting speakers into this wall to vastly reduce front wall SBIR and diffraction. I've seen many mastering studios do this but it's basically non-existent in the audiophile world even when people are spending $100,000+ on their systems...
  3. P

Main speakers for 13-16 foot listening distance in ~900sqft room

Hello! I am in the process of designing/building a new home which will include a home theater. The speakers will be behind the screen and the viewing distance will be around 13-16 feet. Total room size will be pushing 900sqft. If the speakers are compatible, they will be flush mounted into a...
  4. P

FS: Twin 18" Dipole Subwoofers (free cabinets)

I built two of these. They feature a rigid compact design with force cancelling. Each subwoofer contains two Dayton Audio UM18-22 drivers. 25mm baltic birch baffles 18mm baltic birch otherwise Pocket holes could be filled and sanded I didn't drill routing holes for the wires but that can be...
  5. P

Software and Hardware for measuring transfer curves?

I have a few analog crossovers and I would love to replicate them with a digital solution and part of this would require measuring both systems to verify that the transfer curves are as identical as possible. I'm not trying to measure ultimate distortion and noise performance so I don't need...
  6. P

35-50 foot speaker cables, problem?

I'm looking at putting together a new audio rack and given its size, the ideal place for it is on the opposite end of my house from where my speakers are. So best case I would be looking at 35 foot speaker cables but with routing issues could be closer to 50 feet from amp to speaker. I would...
  7. P

SOLD: MiniDSP SHD - New in box

New in box, never used. The shipping box is still sealed. I purchased this last fall but things have changed since then. These are $1200 new so asking $1000 obo. USA
Top Bottom