Search results

1. M

Manually time-aligning subwoofer(s) to mains - how to

Yep but to get a delay value that would be the same for both left and right satellite, I vector averaged the Left and Right Satellites (after they each were cross-correlated) and aligned that to the phase-aligned subs.
  2. M

Took me a minute to absorb all the follow up. I was able to take some time today to perform some measurements. I think I have nailed phase alignment. Here's what I did in the event it is helpful to others: I took multiple measurements - Left Sat, Right Sat, Left Sub, Right Sub (shooting for a...
  3. M

Thanks @ernestcarl - I appreciate your response and the helpful links you provided. Let me ask my question another way. Let's say I use the REW alignment tool method to find the ideal delays that optimize phase alignment at the crossover between mains and subs (a 2.2 system with two mains and...
  4. M

Many thanks @neRok and @dualazmak. Really appreciate your contributions / responses. There is a LOT for me to chew on with both of your posts. I look forward to absorbing them and learning from both of you.
  5. M

Props to OP and all the subsequent contributors to this thread. I've scoured the internet for years and have absorbed just about everything on this topic. From my perspective, this thread is by far the most useful and educational. I've been referring to it for several years now and think it is...
  6. M

REW Convolution Questions

Let's use a 2.2 system as a 'multichannel' convolution use case. I'd like to start with 4 individual raw speakers - Left and Right mains and two subwoofers. In this scenario, the mains and subs aren't equalized, crossed over (let's assume the mains are 2 way with an internal crossover that I...
  7. M

I meant the google drive document linked to your YT video. I misspoke calling it a PDF. I'm actually pretty far down the DSP rabbit hole and have a lot of experience with Audiolense, Dirac, and other software. I'm curious about REW convolution (with and without RePhase) to have MORE control...
  8. M

I think I may have gotten myself confused and now see how I confused myself. After setting up my father's MiniDSP SHD Studio recently, I think I got caught thinking about how to use REW convolution in MiniDSPs quasi-multi-channel world. What I mean is that devices like the SHD Studio allow for...
  9. M

Thanks Serkan. I've seen your YT video on REW Convolution. Thanks for the effort you put into that. How would you recommend augmenting the procedure from 2 loudspeakers to multiple? Obviously, we would have 4 in-room measurements vs 2 for a 2.2 system. My thoughts are to leverage REW's EQ...
  10. M

Thank you for the call out to John. It would be great if he commented on this.
  11. M

I've been trying to find info on REW's new'ish convolution generation features but am coming up short. I'm interested in how it compares to Dirac, Audiolense, Accourate, etc... I'd like to learn if it is designed similarly to its automated competitors and whether it's based on similar or...
  12. M

Sat / Sub Level Matching and Harman Curve

Can someone please explain why we level match satellites and subwoofers to the same db level before we perform any EQ / DSP if we are going to apply the Harman curve? For example, I could boost my sub level by 5 - 10db and then gain significantly more headroom when I EQ for the Harman curve vs...
  13. M

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Yes, thanks for that context. I should have said the case for passenger vehicles. Hydrogen is still very much on the table for trucks, trains, planes, and other commercial transportaiton categories. I hope it gets more visibility for PVs again soon too.
  14. M

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

The case for hydrogen has sadly been shut down. Mostly because car manufacturers have over invested and over extended themselves into BEVs. A lot of the research saying hyrdogen can never be clean has been funded by those same OEMs (though the attribution is not obvious). Yet, we already have...
  15. M

Soundstage Pull and Disparate Phase Measurements

Would anyone happen to have any acoustic consultant recommendations in the Seattle, WA area?
  16. M

To clarify, the measurements provided were not using audiolense, they were raw as-found measurements of the D&D 8C system. I had not employed any EQ either. To answer Amir's question, I can validate because 1) I use music I'm very familiar with where I know vocals are meant to be centered as...
  17. M

Wow. This is great analysis and greatly appreciated. It’s a bit beyond my REW pay grade but gives me a lot to investigate and learn - which is why I’m on this forum in the first place. That said, I get that you have diagnosed via the measurement that this is a difficult room and that you have...
  18. M

Rookie mistake! Here's a link to the mdat. And, thank you for your time on this - I appreciate it.
  19. M

Agree. The above mdat is the 8Cs prior to equalizing them, so the raw in-room response. My eq and timing efforts have bene successful but have not fixed the soundstage pull. And yes, there is bass wonkiness. It doesn't always sound like it's coming from in front of me, it can sound like it's...
  20. M

I’ve explored all options short of moving! mdat attached.
Top Bottom