Search results

1. T

The headphones demo in the store has gone weird

My local hi-fi store allows testing of some popular headphones and other audio gear. Such an opportunity is a feature differentiating them from online competition. I visited the store this week. This post is focused on interactions with the employee in the store. One side of the coin is that he...
  2. T

Hifiman Sundara (2020 earpad) - poor cello performance

Yesterday I had headphones listening session on my Topping D10 + JDS Labs Atom. I had the gain button on my amp off. I have a "well-sounding" (pun intended) EQed DT770 for comparison. I also have DBR-62 speakers that I use on a daily basis as a reference. I tried it with and without EQ. Apart...
  3. T

Adding 2 passive subwoofers to my audio setup

I want to add 2 Monolith 10" THX subs to my current setup or rather I should say - change/replace my setup in a way that it's possible. Don't worry about retiring the DAC and amp - I will need them for my parents' PC soon anyway. Within a year I'm also buying a TV, so I would like the speakers...
  4. T

Topping D10 DAC - crackling on fast-forward or changing song

Hello, I managed to diagnose this issue as NOT connected to my JDS Labs Atom amp because it's exactly the same on my speakers. So it must be the DAC or Windows problem or I don't know. Present on VLC, iTunes, Youtube - it's all the same. I recorded a soundtrack playing from my headphones...
  5. T

Speaker stands - what to look at when buying

I would like to buy speaker stands for 2-way bookshelf speakers with 6.5'' woofer. It's ELAC DBR-62 for now, but it may change - still, almost all of these have very similar distance from speaker base to the center of the tweeter. Before someone would like to question the point of buying...
  6. T

Allo Volt+ D (Double) - DIY forums legend with horrible datasheet specs

With how much positive feedback this amp received on various audio forums, especially DIY forums, I decided to dig deeper. The most common praises were quality components used, general build quality, and of course the sound: "clean" and what I found alarming and contradicting the former -...
Top Bottom