Search results

1. AustinsGuitar

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

@Fers66 :) that is correct. No hardware Dolby or DTS support on the AE-5. :cool: but if your using the right software that can be bypassed. ;) but that does take extra steps, and sometimes sketchy places online...
  2. AustinsGuitar

^ this guy is correct. if your using spdif for just music listening and youtube videos don't buy the thing. BUT, if you want fine tuning to channels, sound effects, bass boost, crystalizer, eq, and so on get the card. It should be noted that this thing doesn't support DOLBY AUDIO SUPPORT. might...
  3. AustinsGuitar

March Audio P502 Stereo Amplifier Measurements

All in all this thread has been kinda sad. People bashing march employee for looking into issues and trying to cover it up. He seems like he is genuine to me. Grounding issues are super minor on this thing, it's not a big red flag kinda like "well thats not super good." Doubt anyone could spot...
  4. AustinsGuitar

NHT Pro M-00 Powered Monitor Review

HAHA!! my friend actually owns a pair similar to these. I knew something was up with the sound. It's not that they sound bad at all but now i know it was the high lows. It's almost like you say in the article, they sound like they get sucked out of the spectrum. I still like them though.
  5. AustinsGuitar

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

:) the jbl 305P Pro Mark ii were on my list. Glad to know they will be my next monitors for my pc :) . Nice read @amirm
  6. AustinsGuitar

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

Hmm. They have a series of speakers that are classified as reference. It would be interesting to see whether that holds up. I havent been able to see any reviews online with definitive evidence backing these clames. Just a bunch of people saying that they are amazing, and what artists "intended"...
  7. AustinsGuitar

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

:) i wanna see klipsh speakers tested :) since they say they are reference :p
  8. AustinsGuitar

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

Very impressive unit. Anyone with enough money for the thing won't be disappointed. Basically as perfect as it gets for a dac. This is to the point where you would be unable as a human to hear any noise or any inconsistancies in dynamic range. :) now if only it was 300 dollars. hehe
  9. AustinsGuitar

advice on dac/amp/phono options from Schiit

Hmm if you wanted to you could use your sound card as a dac into a competent amplifier. But there may be a ton of noise coming out of that... your motherboard might say 120snr but the noise floor will be very very high, meaning you could hear it out of the phones. happened with my supposed...
  10. AustinsGuitar

THD for headphones. What is it?

Thanks so much guys :) I think I am getting it! I like the science behind all this audio stuff. Acoustics class in college was my passion, but It really had just to do with creating good ported enclosures for speakers. It would shock people how hard it is to make a good closed speaker system...
  11. AustinsGuitar

advice on dac/amp/phono options from Schiit

I recommend Geshelli Labs Archel2 amp over anything schiit has ever made. It's cheap and great :) 130 dollars right now from their site. literally legendary! There is a review on here about it...
  12. AustinsGuitar

THD for headphones. What is it?

I see people online talking about the hd650's having some legendary <0.05 THD number. What does that mean in practice terms? Sorry its hard to understand what total harmonic distortion means from a listenable stand point. I have a degree in physics, but I am very new to audio. Also what is an...
  13. AustinsGuitar

So I own this sound card and I really don't need anything more for my hd650's. They seem to have fixed every issue with the software before I got mine. Never had any issues so far. I can't hear any distortion as well even while playing csgo at 500 fps and bhopping with music playing very low in...
Top Bottom