Search results

1. elchupahueso

Meier Corda Aria Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Yeah, it looked like a bomb and security always looked at me sideways while traveling with it. I was always explaining what it was for and why. Then i put some music on for them and they understood.
  2. elchupahueso

Meier Corda Aria Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

No kidding. I remember those old Head Fi days pretty well. I had my old iPod modified by Red Wine Audio running through an ALO break out into a RSA SR-71. It was a FAT stack but sounded great at the time. Shoot, i even had the rock box running on the iPod so i could play flac files. I still have...
  3. elchupahueso

The Vinyl Frontier

Wait until you have a chance to see 16x20 Polaroids. Seriously, 16x20 Polaroids. Some of the most amazing images i've ever seen. Sure, one can make a gigapixel image pretty easily, it becomes a question of output. If you're standing 20 feet away from a film print or a digital one, there can be...
  4. elchupahueso

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Now wait, that's interesting...
  5. elchupahueso

Then get the $9 cable. The cables I bought were well made, from quality materials, and i regret nothing. They used Mogami 2534 for the cable in case anyone wondered. For the length of that cable alone what i got was a steal.
  6. elchupahueso

I second World's Best Cables. They even made a custom one for me. I have nothing but love for them. High quality stuff that won't hurt the wallet.
  7. elchupahueso

Can't say that I have. Although it's either the tear, or the singularity and then we have Skynet to deal with.
  8. elchupahueso

It's unclear, but i believe it creates a tear in the space time continuum that ends up growing and enveloping the earth ending all life as we know it. But you know, your mileage may vary. Seriously though, AFAIK the modius doesn't do DSD decoding, so nothing would happen. I feed mine a steady...
  9. elchupahueso

I struggled with that exact question. I ended up with the Modius because it didn't have to come from the other side of the planet, shipping was cheaper/faster. I regret nothing. The modius has been fantastic for me since i got it. It also ticked all the right boxes for me without any extra stuff...
  10. elchupahueso

Feel like i just had a horrible flashback to those days...
  11. elchupahueso

Yeah, if you were on Win 7 like myself, there's no way to get it running on USB. There is a gen 2 and gen 3 driver on the Schiit website, but it should be recognized by Win10 automatically.
  12. elchupahueso

I've been needing to upgrade my DAC for awhile now and I pulled the trigger on this guy. (Musical Fidelity A324 DAC for reference. Hooked up by way of an optical cable from my computer.) I can't say that there was a night/day difference between the two DACs, but the Modius was more pleasing to...
  13. elchupahueso

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

At the moment, what's the best way to get a hold of one of these DACs in the US? Currently there's two sellers on Amazon that claim to have it, youyeetwo and SmartFly info. Not sure if one is better or not. @Ben1987 , do you have any insight into this? Or would ordering straight from Soncoz be...
  14. elchupahueso

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

Since the boss man is in the Seattle area... maybe Gig Harbor Audio would want to get in on the fun with their array of high end speakers that they have on hand. Just a thought.
Top Bottom