Search results

1. G

Help for selecting passive bookshelf speakers and more

If your going that route buy 2 of these Fosi Audio V3 Mono instead it's $60 more with better measurements and little more power
  2. G

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

We live in a time where we have Access to much more speakers then what our local dealer can offer. Since we can't demo everything measurements give us an idea on the sound profile. It's sad (and not surprising) that some companies are reluctant to send anything here because instead of...
  3. G

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

But it is designed to play hertz in the subwoofer frequency range?
  4. G

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

The website states it has a -6db at 23hz for a 10k subwoofer I would want much better performance. Flagship monoprice svs jtr and rbh subs would out perform at a 1/3 of the price. Synergy between sub and speaker from any brand can be achieved with dsp.
  5. G

Dutch&Dutch 8C new delivery!

You prefer to use 90 deg calibration. Any reason?
  6. G

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Sound united is rebranded as Massimo now. Maybe someone else knows more but I was under the impression that Denon has always been under the sound united stable and that it's was marantz and b&w that was acquisitioned by that company.
  7. G

JBL Conceal C83 Invisible Speaker Review

Revel W553L on this site search the review index
  8. G

JBL Conceal C83 Invisible Speaker Review

Revel in walls have managed to create acceptable performing structural speakers even their $495 posted good results especially distortion
  9. G

Will I tangibly benefit from adding power?

I looked up your pioneer 9040 avr and it's 14 years old. Upgrading to a Denon x4800 with dirac would be the most noticable upgrade. Decoding the lastest codex, hdmi 2.1 and better internal amps. Ability to turn off amp sections for front 3 speakers for a separate amp in the future
  10. G

A nc502mp amp should have enough gain for the output voltage of your current avr. Purifi and higher model hypex amps need more input voltage then what your avr can output cleanly.
  11. G

There are some variables that spl calculator doesn't account for. At what frequency is that 104.1 db with 110watts achieved. Does it account for the impedance dips hard phase angles. For instance Revel f208 dip to 3.4 ohms the amount of wattage in those areas at those frequencies are going to...
  12. G

Help for selecting passive bookshelf speakers and more

Sierra Lx are low efficiency speakers (83db@1m) your choice of amplifiers are on the low end of available wattage unless buying 2 la90 discreet and bridging them. A buckeye nc252mp will be 200 cheaper than the topping and provide more wattage. For 200 more than the topping you could get the...
  13. G

Bass till it hurts....

Sauron's tower imploding LOTR Return of the King
  14. G

Looking for music with meaningful ultrasonic content

I've posted this before try this I'm curious. A HyperSonic Sound system – or HSS – does not use physical speakers. HSS pulsates quartz crystals at a frequency thousands of times faster than the vibrations in a normal speaker – creating ultrasonic waves at frequencies far beyond human hearing...
  15. G

Looking for music with meaningful ultrasonic content

I went to do an estimate at a house years back. I go on her porch and I hear this tick every 5 min or so. I asked what it was eventually and she was shocked I could hear it. It was a high frequency generator to keep cats off her porch she said. Im not sure what frequency it was but I could...
  16. G

Denon AVR-A1H

Either A get an external amp with better snr or B get different speakers
  17. G

Denon AVR-A1H

Horn speakers with high sensitivity are prone to hiss
  18. G

Should we correct to Schroder, or full range?

A HyperSonic Sound system – or HSS – does not use physical speakers. HSS pulsates quartz crystals at a frequency thousands of times faster than the vibrations in a normal speaker – creating ultrasonic waves at frequencies far beyond human hearing. Unlike lower-frequency sound, these waves travel...
Top Bottom