Search results

1. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

If you mean stored energy in the thermal mass of the room, then no. - foam insulation has an extremely low thermal mass - that's the point, it's a good insulator not a good energy store; the insulation is behind a thin sheet of plasterboard; the whole construction provides insignificant heat...
  2. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Stupid? Beware of arrogance. It's not nice from anyone. Go and reread and think carefully. As I said - every source of heat: every 15W amp, every 5W light bulb has an effect - and a cumulative effect. Particularly in a Passivhaus spec building. My renovations were't at passivhaus levels but...
  3. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Of course it does. Don't focus on the 15W. Any source of heat will have an effect on the heat requirement of the heating system in that room together with all the other sources of heat in that room. You're an engineer; you know this. Not relevant is how much of an effect this will have. As it...
  4. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Depending on your local climate some of it may be "wasteful". When your heating system is on, background energy consumption/heat generation from other devices is not wasteful, it's just another source of heat
  5. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Depends In the winter it's removing (using Barrows calculations as a finger in the air) a 12W requirement from the heating system. (My radiators each have independent smart thermostats, so they will compensate for whatever heat the amps are providing) In the summer (and in the North of England...
  6. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Nothing untoward will happen My nc400 mono blocks have been powered up for several years
  7. C

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

Jesse's first diet tip - my younger son mostly eats bourbon biscuits. He's 27
  8. C

New build of Linkwitz LXMini

LX mini fishtank anyone?
  9. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Isn't your buffer already inherently a single-ended to differential convertor? For those who already understand the benefits of differential, an additional $15 sub circuit isn't going to offer anything. So I guess it's down to what proportion of your customers will use single-ended sources...
  10. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

My dual mono application is simple. My amps are behind my speakers with about 40cm of speaker cable (which will be shortened one day :)) I can't understand long speaker cables I'm very interested in applying, and the stability of, the remote feedback sensing :cool:
  11. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Power up noises - delayed power up/stable supplies is handled by the hypex smps
  12. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Is that a problem?
  13. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Leave the input impedance alone. Look at the amp's gain as part of overall system gain/signal-to-noise See if you can increase the signal to noise ratio of the preceding stage
  14. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

So with infinite source impedance it produces noise - picked up through input traces possibly. This isn't how it's intended to be used/will be used in real life With zero source impedance it's silent If you want a final sanity check, connect 1.2k between + and - It should still be silent. With...
  15. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Do you mean without anything connected?
  16. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

@TimoJ Too much noise upstream. Yes
  17. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

If you're using balanced inputs, then simply short + to - Ground has no meaning/relevance to the balanced input ... But you should get the same result - silence
  18. C

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Indeed. Ignore the distraction and carry on debugging your installation
Top Bottom